• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey! No hay!!! - Norwich help needed!

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Does anoyone living in the Norwich area know of anywhere I can get a bale of hay from? I normally use Ken's Corn Store in Taverham, but they haven't got any and don't know when they are getting any in. I've got enough for the next week or so but after that I'll either have to move on to the expensive petshop bags or find somewhere else, so any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Jo

Same situation in Twickenham. I tried to get a bale today but the delivery which was due yesterday didnt arrive. They are meant to be dropping one round when it arrives ...... hopefully on Monday otherwise I am in trouble!!

So sorry you cant get any. Im lucky having my horse as the yard we are in sells great quality meadow hay bales at £3. I buy 3 for Kara a week and a bale for the bunnies :lol: Over the Summer I got mine from my local Horse supply store as the yard didnt have any.

are you near to taverham garden centre? If so my last bale came from PLG supplies further up the same road on the other side from the garden centre. You drive to the end of the place and there is a covered area with bales in which you help yourself to and pay in the kiosk near the entrance.. £3 per bale. The last bale i had wasnt as good as previous bales, more golden than green but my lot still eat plenty of it so i guess it must taste good still.
Giant petstore near the airport sometimes have bales in but not always.
Not sure where in Norwich you are but Cheryl at Sprowston guinea pig rescue has been getting bales from a farm near Little Plumstead i think it was.. unfortunatley i havent got round to asking for the phone no. yet as i still have half a bale at the moment. I believe you phone the man and he will meet you there to get the hay, £3 a bale and apparently been really nice. If you want that either email/pm Cheryl and im sure she will find out the number for you. Let me know if you do cos i will probably need one after xmas if not just before.
Hope you find some!

If you are going to PLG just have a good root round for a decent bale, sometimes you have to chuck a few dozen aside to find a nice one :lol: Like Chris said I have been getting mine from someone in Little plumbstead and it is lovely hay but I would have to get the number off Angela as she picks up a load and brings it round for me every week.

Thanks Cheryl, I don't suppose you could add an extra bale to your next order could you? We could pop over and pick it up. Or the number would be fine and we can head over to Little plumstead if the PLG stuff is no good.

At least thats two places we can try. I was getting a bit worried. :D

I have just had a phone call from the pet shop to say that the hay has arrived and they are unloading.

I have just had a phone call from the pet shop to say that the hay has arrived and they are unloading.

Phew :D

I couldn't get any at the weekend either, but they said they were due a delivery on Monday - hope they've got some left by the weekend!

The farm shop had that barn full of Christmas trees :roll: (actually I wanted to buy one, but they seemed to be out of the small ones)

Hannah

Back