• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

panic at midnight

Bunnymonster

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :wave:

I've not been round much for a while, things have been hugely busy recently. We've at last put the house on the market (agent is coming round in 5 mins to take pics and I've been cleaning like mad!) so we hope to be off to the sunny Isle of Wight very soon!!! Bun's arent going to like me much, it'll mean living in a shed instead of their wonderful room for a while, but it's still better than a hutch.

Had a nightmare with Lily last night though.

Went in to feed them just before going to bed and they were all running around like mad things like normal. Pellets went down and all three were head first in the bowl munching like crazy. Then they started on the greens, again, all munching happily. When I went back in with their water, thinks started to go wrong.

Lily had hopped away from the food (unusual in itself when Duchess is on the prowl) and started to wipe at her nose with her front paws, but she kept loosing her balance. Then she started to make horrible noises when she breathed and foaming at the mouth and nose. I can only assume that she had inhaled something when eating or got something stuck in her throat. I tried to wipe out her mouth and rub her chest, but she just kept making these horrible bubbly noises and her nose was running. Just as I was about to call the vet, she sneezed and everything got quieter. We watched her for about 10 minutes and she was back to normal again. Put her back with the others and she started eating as if nothing had happened!

What is it with rabbits and worrying us?

Back