• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Experts: Taster Selection Packs

mit

Mama Doe
Was wondering how you guys tested your buns on which hay they liked best??

Did you like open on packet a day and put it in a bowl, insted of this litter tray so you can see exactly how much he/she has eaten , which would take a couple of days or did you open all six packets at once and let him see what they went for??

Or is there another way to test them??

Thank you guys.
m
xx

I opened one bag at a time and looked how fast they ate it. They liked all of them. Their current favourite is the Natural Timothy Hay (Alfalfa King), which you probably don't get in one of the taster bags. It is cheaper than the Oxbow Timothy hay, but smells nicer and my bunnies like it better. You could also try the Oat, Wheat and Barley mix, which is also very popular with my gang.

I just opened one each day and watched how they ate it :D Three of them went crazy with the oat hay and one liked the timothy hay best :D

alvin didnt seem too keen on the grasses... the brome hay won hands down.. the oat hay was a very close 2nd... expensive tastes my boy has!

Mine loved the oat hay. I wish I ate hay, it looks lovely :lol: They also liked the friendship estates grass, but completely ignored the orchard grass and brome hay :roll: :lol:

I had what I thought to be a great process worked out. Well, not great, but figured it'd work. I was going to let them try each bag, per one day. So I tried the Brome hay, and Barney liked it a whole lot, Amber copies anything he does and soon was eating it with as much enthusiasm... Anyway, I got home on Thursday and my mum was all 'oh, I tried the rabbits with two more of those hays and they seemed to like both'... So that sort of ruined it for me. :roll: I don't know how enthusiastic they were about either she tried them with, but I guess I'll just take her word for it that they enjoyed the hay. They look a bit bemused at all the different kinds I keep offering them, though.

I think I need to get a taster pack for Mo as he doesn't eat hay ate all :no:
but as I'm now trying to bond them all it will be difficult to see what Mo has eaten and what has been scoffed y the other two :rolleyes:

i opened all tha bags and put them in with the buns just watched to see which the buns went for first....orchard grass :thumb:

Back