• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny houses!

Fionabun

Mama Doe
Hi guys. Just showing you my new bunny houses. Archie and Clover are now bonded and live on the right. Nell, Sumi and Marcy live on the left!

I was struggling to work out how to make best use of the space, so the runs are 5ft by 9.5ft and the houses are 4ft by 5ft. I had to do a lot of work to the ramps as they were way to steep, so they are now less steep and have big side panels, local joiner built it. Only one rabbit, Nell hasn't used the ramp yet but I've been putting her up and down it and giving her some time in the run by lifting her down each day, she is quick up the slope but not confident going down it :( Hopefully this will get better with time, any ideas?

Fiona120.jpg

Fiona x

Looks great Fiona !!

Maybe putting a box next to the ramp :? Nell might prefer 'steps down' rather than a ramp :? She could hop from the top of the ramp onto a lower box then from the box onto the ground. You might need two boxes if the drop is quite high from the first one :?

Janex :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks all! Its the actual 'hole' onto the ramp in the house section that she hates. Hmmmm, no ideas there. The angle isn't too bad, and strangely she has managed a slightly steeper ramp in her last house. Hmmm:? :?

F

Thanks all! Its the actual 'hole' onto the ramp in the house section that she hates. Hmmmm, no ideas there. The angle isn't too bad, and strangely she has managed a slightly steeper ramp in her last house. Hmmm:? :?

F

Would she like the ramp carpeted to give her a better 'grip' :?
Or would she just eat the carpet :rolleyes:

Janex

when i put domino and pebbles into their new home, pebbles took a few days to get used to it, but she then started following domino around lol
to enticeher out is put a little treat just outside the side the opening so he had to come out to get the treat! maybe try tht before adjusting the ramp itself?x

Would she like the ramp carpeted to give her a better 'grip' :?
Or would she just eat the carpet :rolleyes:

Janex

Good idea! Thanks, might help her

I really think she doesn't like the bit where she has to stand at the edge of the hole and then tip forward, I think she needs a glass elevator Hmm Lol :lol:

x

They are great, well done! I had to carpet my ramp to make it less slippery for my two, I waited about 6 weeks and they still wouldn't/couldn't use it so I carpeted it and now they are up and down all day

Back