• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

70 Guinea Pigs. *update 14/01-not good*

bizzy_vicki

Mama Doe
We work very closely with Brysons Animal Refuge, which is in the Gateshead/Newcastle area. Tracey 'the boss' made me aware and asked me to help if I can with70 quinea pigs in one house they are trying to sort and rehome. If anyone could offer pemanent, foster or rescue spaces then I know she would be very grateful! I have no idea about their conditions or status but I can imagine lots of pregnant or nursing pigs, unneutered and in-bred.
Providing transport and runs could be arranged then these little souls can go anywhere in the UK.

Last edited:
Im very far away in Essex but could take a pair/trio of girls or boys (Indoor cage is only big enough for three max) with a view to rehome them together when the right home comes along if there is a run that comes this way.

poor wheeky pigs. If it gets desperate I could foster a few. I have a couple of spare dog crates, a spare room and some wire mesh which could be utilised to make guinea pig homes I imagine.

Good luck with it.

:wave: I am in Sunderland and will do whatever i can to help out. I have the offer of a loan hutch from Vicki_Ell, not sure of the size, and i know nothing about piggies, but i can help with transport, collection and no doubt would be able to sort something out for fostering :D

aww il happily take 1 or a bonded pair as my little Roo is deteriating :cry: so will save me from looking for a new Guinea Pig once hes gone.

xx

Hi i could foster a couple of guinea pigs. i have a spare 6foot hutch. although i do live in bedfordshire which is quite a way!:? happy to help anyway i can.

depending on how fast the Guinea Pigs have to be rehomed i will be travelling down to LiverPool in January so can do a Piggy run if need be for anyone.

As far as I'm aware the situation is not urgent, just something that has got out of hand:rolleyes: The pigs are safe, just need to be moved.
I will be speaking to Tracey early in the week so shall update once I know more and put forward the offers of help, thanks :wave:

Hopper Haven has room for guineas if they can be transported to us. We have homes waiting for females. We could manage a dozen including some pregnant ladies. We need at least as many females as males though as we already have several neutered males without partners. Get the rescue to phone us if they need us to have them as I have no email at present and don't often have time to come on the forum.

Sheffield Cavy Rescue could take 4 if that helps. I could meet someone half way between Newcastle and Sheffield.

I could also donate some C+C grids if neccessary

I'm thinking of taking on a couple of guineas but i am situated in Lincolnshire. If i can help i will. I can get a home sorted for next week x

can you deliver or is it pick up only as if you can deliver i could prob foster a few and im sure a friend would aswell :)

Thanks, all those that have contacted me with offers of help:wave: . I'm still trying to get hold of Tracey, I'll update you all as soon as I can.

I might be able to take a girlie pigger if there are any. Pearl still needs a friend and we are trying to avoid the pet shops. PM me if there are any girls or neutered boys please :) Thanks x

rehome piggies

I do not live that far from Brysons so I will give them a ring to see if I can help in any way as I am sure i could take at least a dozen ?

An update I had today (not sure how much is true or how much is speculated) was that these pigs all belong to an older gentleman who used to breed and show, but these are now all companions! They are Dalmation Guineas aparantly and very well looked after, they are his everything. It is Gateshead council who are issuing the eviction on them from his home. So I am 'presuming' that there may not be pregnant ones and that they are in fact 'ok' if this guy is a breeder/show person (I would hope anyway).
I dont thinnk any will be moved before xmas, I'm not sure Brysons have taken any yet either....
Will updat more as soon as I know, thanks for your patience and offers of help again guys!

Back