• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting to introduce veg!! Help!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
Since I got the veggie thing wrong last time, I need help on introducing veggies to the girls. Their wee has nearly gone back to normal, with only a small amount of calcium in their wee, rather than tippex wee and loads of it. I want to know the following please:

1. What veg has low calcium content?
2. A scheudle of how much to give the buns each day from day 1.
3. How much to give them once they have been introduced?
4. Does each different veg have to be introduced slowly? For example, if I introduced them to apple, would I have to start the introduction process with grapes?

A small peice, not much bigger than a postage stamp and gradualyy increase keeping an eye on thier poos x

Thanks. Molly didn't like the veg last time. How do I encourage her to eat it? I bet she'll like fruit though, as it's sweeter. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they started having tippex wee when I introduced veg, but I think I did it too fast, and the tippex wee has only just started to decrease. I stopped giving them veg about a month or so ago.

if you stopped giving veg a month or so ago, the wee shouldn't have stayed bad tippex for so long...

My two has tippex wee after too much green veg, the next day, once it had worked its way out, they were fine x

I know. I wanted a urine test done when they had their spay but it wasn't done in the end. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow of their wee.

They have timothy hay, and they were on grass, until recently, when their wee reduced... Maybe it's the grass.

The run is on grass. It isn't now cos it's winter, but they were over summer. They had access to the grass for 9 hours a day, seven days a week.

Ahh right, Thats not the problem then :? Was just wondering bout the dried grass cos its high in protein & would prob cause that to happen. Suspect its something in their diet tbh, why not try them on a hay only diet for a week or so & see what happens? X

Doesnt have to be done too gradually, you could give them say five pellets each twice a day or something like that - As there is no serious medical issue or sticky bottoms etc to worry about.

Back