• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you feed rabbits parsnip?

vikkia1234

Warren Scout
i have load of parsnip skins with Guinness name all over them, just wanted to check that it was ok before giving them to him! :D

a little. It's quite high in sugar so not an everyday thing. Mine don't touch it wich is wied because I always thought parsnip tasted a little like parsley which I think it might be related too & they love parsley.

Alvin refuses parsnip... the only thing yet that will sit in his bowl till i throw it away....:roll: :roll:

The majority of ours turn their noses up at it. Snobs :roll:

If your bunny does like it treat it like carrot, a rare treat ;)

The majority of ours turn their noses up at it. Snobs :roll:

If your bunny does like it treat it like carrot, a rare treat ;)

Oh is carrot very sugary too then? Oh dear maybe thats why he is a bit chunky! i'll stick to the greens for now i think!

Oh is carrot very sugary too then? Oh dear maybe thats why he is a bit chunky! i'll stick to the greens for now i think!

Yes its packed with sugar. I only feed mine carrot tops and peel twice a week now and if they are on a diet its out of bounds.

My girls won't touch parsnip either- the only other thing they don't like that I've tried is courgette. They usually have a breakfast of 3 large carrots, 1 apple and 1 banana every day- to share between the 3 of them. They have a pellet meal in the evening. Unlimited hay and grass all day. They have a large enclosed garden to run about in all day so they are pretty active- haven't got weight problems with any yet.

My girls won't touch parsnip either- the only other thing they don't like that I've tried is courgette. They usually have a breakfast of 3 large carrots, 1 apple and 1 banana every day- to share between the 3 of them. They have a pellet meal in the evening. Unlimited hay and grass all day. They have a large enclosed garden to run about in all day so they are pretty active- haven't got weight problems with any yet.

Can I just say, their breakfast is really high in sugar? :oops: Might be better substituting some of it for a couple of leaves of spring greens or something :D X

Back