• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is vetbed suitable?

GregTheBunny

Warren Scout
Its soooooo cold outside, i have bought a snugglesafe, and tried Jessica with shredded paper and a box (with the snugglesafe under) and she just dragged all the paper out and used the box as a toilet :lol:

I just want her to have somewhere to be warm and snuggly until her husbun can get here :?

I wondered if a vetbed might help? She is quite destructive though, chews everything

I have tried vetbed, straw, hay and shredded paper with my bunnies, but they prefer to sit on the bare wood or on the stone slabs in the run. The vetbed gets pushed into a corner.

I have been looking into getting vetbed myself. Evo is a chewer, but I'm wondering if he's still chew if he couldn't get to the edges.

I put my Snugglesafes vertically with a litter/bed tray wedging it in the corner, that way they can sit near it, without having to sit on it. I put a newspaper behind it to add a bit of insluation and stops the heat disappearing. Vet bed is nice if they'll use it but I prefer to put a good few layers of newspaper down for outside buns.

My hutches are lined with vetbed and none of my 4 buns have chewed it :D Trip digs on the edge sometimes but no chewing x

I have been looking into getting vetbed myself. Evo is a chewer, but I'm wondering if he's still chew if he couldn't get to the edges.

I'd say it's a distinct possibility - I gave my nethies some vetbed and they just yanked it out in tufts from the middle :? (and weed all over it)

I wish mine liked their vet bed, but all of them either destroy it or screw it up in the corner!
I use it now to sit on when I go for snuggles - keeps my bum lovely and warm!:lol:

Back