• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

this is so cool

After the first clip, that bunny lifted it's front legs, like it was asking to be picked up. :lol: But, would never put MY bunny through that.

That fiirst bunny was awesome "Look, I jumped! Pick me up and tell me what a clever bunny I am!" How sweet. My bun would look at me and flop down instead of jumping :p Or run straight through the jumps :p

I've always been a bit intreged by bunny jumping but cant decide if I like it or not! Yes its quite a natural thing for bunnies to jump, but not that high I dont think, the high jump can be a staggering height, I'd worry about back injuries and the like. Now I'm sure we all know most buns dont do the things we want if they dont want to, if they didnt want to jump they wouldnt? But then most rabbits will also move away from you in a forward motion if you are coming up behind them...so are they simply being 'chased'. I'm on the fence:wave:

I've always been a bit intreged by bunny jumping but cant decide if I like it or not! Yes its quite a natural thing for bunnies to jump, but not that high I dont think, the high jump can be a staggering height, I'd worry about back injuries and the like. Now I'm sure we all know most buns dont do the things we want if they dont want to, if they didnt want to jump they wouldnt? But then most rabbits will also move away from you in a forward motion if you are coming up behind them...so are they simply being 'chased'. I'm on the fence:wave:

I kind of think the same as you :D I think it is a bit high though and dont like that they are jumping with harnesses on x

I think it's pretty cool, if the rabbt is ok with it. I liked how when one rabbit stopped at a jump you hear the handler make a clicky noise and it goes over it's more of a trained response than a fear reaction to being chased I reckon.

I've been to a few competitions. In almost every rabbit show in my area we also have a rabbit jumping contest:D It's quite fun, both for rabbit and owner.

About the height, mind you; no rabbit is expected to jump that high if it's a beginner:lol: They start with very small obstacles, then gradually higher.
There are strict rules on the harnesses so that they are not supposed to be dangerous to rabbits or yank them in the neck.
If the rabbit doesn't want to jump, then no-one's forcing it, but most of them do. After all, jumping over obstacles is just natural behavior:D Jumping rabbits are some of the most active fit rabbits in Norway:D

I think it's cute! I would imagine that if the bunnies are used to it then they'd be perfectly happy. After all if bunnies are scared they would run off it the path of least resistance not over some jumps!

i dont know what i think to be honest i dont hate it but i dont like it either i did go through a faze when i wanted to train Crystal to jump but that was 2 years ago when i was doing animal care at college i trained my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel to jump and quite fancied trying it with a rabbit but now thinking about it i dont think i would due to the possible injuries that could happen to the rabbit doing this (for our own plessure):?

Its not something I would like to do with my rabbits but I from that video, I don't think its cruel. Its fairly obvious they are not being forced to jump and I can't imagine a rabbit doing something they didn't want to.

My first rabbit loved jumping! I blocked a section of the garage off for him to run around in and jumped over it to get out myself and he just followed me. After that there was no stopping him :lol:

Its not something I would like to do with my rabbits but I from that video, I don't think its cruel. Its fairly obvious they are not being forced to jump and I can't imagine a rabbit doing something they didn't want to.

My first rabbit loved jumping! I blocked a section of the garage off for him to run around in and jumped over it to get out myself and he just followed me. After that there was no stopping him :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Trip loves jumping over anything :lol:

Who knows maybe it is a healthy thing, and it must prevent stasis with all that exercize & I don't think the buns would do those jumps if they were unhappy to.

I don't think it's any different from dog agility. Dogs like to run and jump, so do buns. Dogs can be trained with rewards, so can bunnys. None seemed traumatised in anyway and the ones with leshes seemed to wait for their owners to catch up & not all of them had leshes.

I probably wouldn't do it myself but I don't object to it.

Back