• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Shelter

Hmmm, not seen one in real life but it seems a bit expensive.

If you're handy (or know someone who is) you could make a shelter yourself, probably quite easily.

If not, I'd be tempted to have a look in the cat/dog section of your local pet shop, you can sometimes find some really useful stuff.

It does look nice and cosy! But as it doesn't open at the roof or anything, I'll bet it would be a real beggar to clean out because of the design!:?

I've seen something similar in P@H and agree that it would be a pain to clean ... and buns would probably want to chew it too!

Mine have two tiny hutches (3') in their run - they sit on then more than in them though!

If you are anywhere near Twickenham I can sort you out with a smallish hutch to put in a run as a shelter.

We have that hut from Zooplus and it's really good quality .. would definitely recommend :D :D Our buns certainly seem to like it (esp chewing it!! :lol:).

My girls like the Zooplus house. It's excellant quality and the girls love sitting in it, on it and underneath. :lol: Great all-rounder that is useful to have.

I have a small hutch for Frankie and Jenny's run, it works really well as a little shelter :thumb:

I also have a covered litter tray for the hutch, but Jen likes to pull the lid off :rolleyes:

I persuaded my dad to cut Meggies old hutch in half, add sides and a door and cover in waterproof material and they're great! Didn't cost me anything (I needed two so thought £40/50 a bit steep :shock: ) they look good and the bunnies love them-more sitting on than in thou :roll: :lol:

I want a zoo plus one - they look really cosy.

My boyfriend made me a house by cutting a doorway in a big plastic storage box. It's cheap, completely waterproof and best of all clear so you can watch them even when they are inside!

Plus the lid comes off for easy cleaning.

Thanks for all the replies. I hadn't thought of the cleaning issue - I was thinking that plastic would be easier to clean than wood, but the roof not coming off would be a problem.

I will go and have a look at the Zooplus one - it sounds great. I also like the idea of cutting a door in a plastic storage box - how did you make sure the sides of the door weren't sharp?

Thanks for all your help. Off to see if I am in time for Santa to deliver one in time for Christmas! :D

Back