• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit runs - idea's

Jennie Wright

Warren Scout
Hi, does anyone fancy posting some pic of their hutches/runs to give me some idea of how much straw etc are in their at this time of year? Also to see what ideas I can use to keep my little family entertained.

Thanks in advance

:wave: Hello again Jennie

You can get some ideas of toys from the piccies I posted for you yesterday, as for how much straw, these are the latest pics of my buns in their cage but aren't that clear. I put a lot more straw on the cage floor in winter (approx 5 inches thick) and always put rubber matting and carpets on the concrete under the cage to stop the cold getting to their feet (gosh :oops: its only when you write it down that you realise how spoilt your buns are!):

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=110852

I fill my shelter box up to the top with straw so they can burrow in there on windy days, and the hutch has about two-three inches of straw and hay. It should be more but I couldn't afford it and they have a snugglesafe in there. We also insulate the hutch well and it's in a sheltered corner of the garden. This is the size of the shelter:

6tuzgyh.jpg

With a VERY big bunny in there. :lol:

and a picture of a toy I got from my local pet shop. Can get it from bunny basics though.
6ydtfki.jpg

and a layout of the run they are in at the mo. It's 5ft by 5ft.
8539jso.jpg

Last edited:
I dont have piccies of the hutches with straw in but here some buns and various toys :D Tunnels, hayballs, willow balls and fiddlesticks :D They also have apple logs and sticks.

dottyandrad006.jpg

bunnies014.jpg

lol LionheadLuver, i was on BB he other day and saw that toy and though 'oh thats cheaper than PAH il get it"

its TINY its about a third of the size lol! ooops!

hehe xx

Here are some of my buns playing with toys in their runs :D They can always get back into their hutch and they always have hay in there

DSC05265.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

DSC05704.jpg

DSC05664.jpg

They love boxes filled with hay x

Here's some photos of the inside of Barley's shed! I divided the back bit off so as to provide a snuggly area that I could fill with hay without making too much mess!

7.jpg

9.jpg

he's seems to have kept warm all this week :D

Hannah

That looks great thanks, may need to up my straw a bit although already using the neighbours recycling bin as well as mine. Goodness knows what I would do with it them as the tip refuses to take anything pet related which I find very odd. Thats watford council for you though!

Back