• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding buns with a "history"

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
I've got this crazy idea to attempt to bond my two pairs into a foursome.... but we've been here before and it all ended nasty, so I don't know if its a silly idea to try.

The story is Fozzie and Archie live together happy outside and I tried to add a new doe (Maddie) to the pair, this time last year. I tried for about a month and it just wasn't happening and I stopped the bonding after the original pair had a fight which ended in a torn ear and a big gaping wound on the other.

So Maddie came to live as a houserabbit and has her own husbun now (Nibbler). Its not "ideal" that they're in the house as Maddie isn't such a smart cookie when it comes to litter training!!

I'm visiting my parents over Christmas and have the time and lots of neutral territory to use........but.....do bunnies hold a grudge? Will Maddie cause another fight, or do you think the group dynamics may be different now that theres four?

We've also got the added problem of Fozzie having bad eyesight, possibly completely blind, so I know shes not going to be easy as she is spooked easily and this turns to violence.

So to bond, or not to bond.... thats the problem! Looking back, I think i 've talked myself out of it again! Whats peoples experiences of failed threesomes then achieving a foursome?

I don't have any experience in that (fingers crossed I'm trying three at the moment!). If it's been a long time and you are going to be somewhere completely different then it might be worth a go...it would certainly make your life easier! Make sure you have a back up plan though for over christmas in case it all goes pear shaped :lol:

You are off your head :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: please don't ask me to help it was stressfull enough last time:lol: :lol: Maddie will be fine as long as nobody goes near any food :D :lol: better idea you bond Maddie ,Archie & Nibbler and I get Fozzie to go with Simba

Kay, you are the one off your head! You think I'll ever give up Fozzie?!? :no: :lol:

Yes i'd not thought about what i could do if it did go wrong, for housing and vets etc - so I think its easier if I just put up with the OHs grumblings of the poops and mess and nibbled furniture and remote controls!

It would be poor Archie who cops it though. So please stick to Stevens grumblings and just get a pair of ear muffs:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back