• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need vibes! :( U/D She's staying in!

Joanne26

Mama Doe
I know it's not a bunny but i need some vibes for my mams cat please.

My mam is away and i have been looking after our Tilly (in my siggie), but she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday morning and when she did she threw it all straight back up.

When i went up this morning she still hadn't eaten or used her litter tray, so i got an appointment and took her to the vets within half an hour.

Anyway, they advised me to let her stay with them and they will run some tests and take bloods etc, because the vet thinks it maybe something to do with her kidneys.

I am literally pacing the floor waiting for news and i know it will be a long day! :(

To make it worse, mam has already texted twice today asking about her (she has no idea she is poorly). I swear she has a sixth sense or summat! :?

I'm in such a state because whenever anything happens like this i always phone her and have a cry because i stress about the animals sooo much! :(

I feel i should tell her, but there is nothing she can do right??? (shes in Benidorm).

So i am keeping my fingers firmly crossed that it is nothing serious and hopefully she will be ok!

Although the vet did say that if it is her kidneys and turns out to be something serious she could deteriorate rapidly! :cry:

I don't know what i will do if anything happens to her while mam isn't here!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
oh dear .. :( :(

i would maybe wait till you hear back from the vets then tell her .

if i were away and my buns were ill id want to know :(

Vibes for Tilly :D Get better soon Hugs ti you Joanne

Thanks for card too, Keep us up dated on Tilly please x x x

awww Jo you poor thing, what a difficult situation for you hun.

Hope Tilly is ok.

((((((((((((hugs)))))))

xx

So are you sure she isn't just upset that she's with you because her mum has gone away and left her? Cats can get themselves into some right moods, even enough to make them sick.

I have six cats and they can be equally odd when their life pattern is changed. Before Topsey came to live with me, if my sister was away over night, Topsey used to 'run away' for 3 or 4 days and completely disappear making my sister really panic and think she'd been run over or something.

Tilly maybe just pining for her mum, refusing to eat in protest? Is she drinking? When did she first come stay with you exactly and when did you take her to the vets exactly.

Lets really try and make some sense of this and not panic about what the vets are saying ok....please don't worry...:(

Thanks so much everyone!

Tilly has to stay in overnight to be monitored :( , she still hasn't had a wee or poo and hasn't eaten anything, but......the good news is that her bloods are all in the "normal range", so her kidneys, liver etc are ok. :)

She is on pain relief for her mouth and has been started on antibiotics, because they now believe the problem is with her mouth, and depending on how she responds she may have to have a dental :(

I went to "visit" :) her this afternoon and she was really pleased to see me, bless her! I stayed with her for a good half hour or so and talked to her (and all the other cats and 1 bunny that was there too! :rolleyes:)

I have decided not to tell my mam about it because if i do she will be distraught (even if i tell her she is going to be o.k), what do you all think about that?? Am i doing the right thing?

Last edited:
So are you sure she isn't just upset that she's with you because her mum has gone away and left her? Cats can get themselves into some right moods, even enough to make them sick.

I have six cats and they can be equally odd when their life pattern is changed. Before Topsey came to live with me, if my sister was away over night, Topsey used to 'run away' for 3 or 4 days and completely disappear making my sister really panic and think she'd been run over or something.

Tilly maybe just pining for her mum, refusing to eat in protest? Is she drinking? When did she first come stay with you exactly and when did you take her to the vets exactly.

Lets really try and make some sense of this and not panic about what the vets are saying ok....please don't worry...:(

I did think she was pining for my mam at first, but i know her very well and i knew she wasn't right.

She did have a little drink, but nothing else.

And Tilly is at her own home and i go and see her a couple of times a day! :)

Back