• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on wet bottom please

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Cocoa has come in and he is a barrel with legs :? as a result he has no hope of reaching his bottom. He came in caked in poo and smelling like a portaloo at a dodgy festival! :mrgreen: He has been cleaned up but he is having trouble keeping himself dry. He's on a hay only diet and so far his poops are not a problem but he is getting a bit wet and now there is very little fur around his bum, tummy or tail I'm worried about urine scald. Is vaseline an option? A friend suggested cornflour but will this get really gunky getting wet? :? I can use pretty much anything as he can't reach his back area to lick it so no poss of upsetting his tummy. Thanks for any thoughts :D

:wave: When Nibbles came in I covered her in sudcream, she was really burnt with urine, it dried up the skin really well and stopped it being sore.

If Cocoa is wet from wee could he be 'leaking' :?
Has he been Panacured?
If he was previously hutchbound he may hve some back pain (arthritis) making it painful for him to adopt the correct position to wee :?

As a barrier for 'leaky' Buns I use Vaseline. I have known obesity to be the cause of a Bun's wet bum :?

Oh and Can someone slap some Sudocrem on Carys' sore ar5e please :D

Janex

I agree to Vaseline and Sudacrem. Vaseline makes a simple barrier but for any sign of soreness use Sudacrem, and the genuine Sudacrem (not shops own) has lavender oil in it, so good for soothing and GREAT for hiding the portaloo smell.:wave:

so good for soothing and GREAT for hiding the portaloo smell.:wave:

That's sold it for me!! :D Thanks guys, off to the local chemist :D

Birdiebun I've been cleaning out his cage when ever it looks wet, he's good at using his litter tray tho so keeping that fresh as often as possible. Jane I did wonder if he was leaking and he is on a course of panacur at the moment, day 2.

:wave:

Hay Chloe.....I he the bun being terrorised by the dog?

I have the tail end of a megazorb bag that you could try if you like. It absorbs much better than sawdust, and is nice and soft if he's a bit sore.

:wave:

Hay Chloe.....I he the bun being terrorised by the dog?

I have the tail end of a megazorb bag that you could try if you like. It absorbs much better than sawdust, and is nice and soft if he's a bit sore.

Heya Lucy - yup that's the bun and thank you that would be great and definately worth a try! :D

She's got a very bad case of piles, I hear nothing else :lol: , I think she needs something stronger :lol: :lol:

Well actually I only have first degree piles thank god I dread to think how awful the other levels are :shock:

First degree piles are swellings on the inside lining of the anal canal. They bleed but can't be seen from outside the anus.

Second degree piles are larger and stick out (or prolapse) from the anus when you open your bowels, but return on their own afterwards.

Third degree piles are similar, but hang out from the anus and only return inside when pushed back in.

Fourth degree piles permanently hang down from the anus and you can't push them back inside. They may become extremely swollen and painful if the blood in them clots.

Well actually I only have first degree piles thank god I dread to think how awful the other levels are :shock:

First degree piles are swellings on the inside lining of the anal canal. They bleed but can't be seen from outside the anus.

Second degree piles are larger and stick out (or prolapse) from the anus when you open your bowels, but return on their own afterwards.

Third degree piles are similar, but hang out from the anus and only return inside when pushed back in.

Fourth degree piles permanently hang down from the anus and you can't push them back inside. They may become extremely swollen and painful if the blood in them clots.

:shock: :shock:

Thank you for sharing those details Carys............:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Piles are really Varicosed Veins but instead of being in your leg they are in your bum !!

Whatever you do dont get constipated or you'll find your piles upgraded to a 4 !! :shock: :shock:

Janex

Oh god ok I will have some weetabix for supper I just cant believe how often I get it.........sorry for hijacking your thread Chloe :)

Yeah, thanks Carys - bet your ar5e isn't this bad :rolleyes:

CIMG9070.jpg

Thought I'd share as we seem to be going for the gross appeal on this thread :rolleyes: He is now clean and dry and sudacremd up baby! :D

OH MY!!!!

Thats awful and um.....he looks a little like my giant pooh bear hot water bottle (i.e. a little rectangular around the tum). Poor little things going to be on a diet for quite some time.

Back