• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pining rabbit

Pink Badger

Warren Scout
I took my 12 week old frenchies to the vet yesterday to talk about neutering. Hubble is still far too young, the vet said he has tiny immature testicles. He recommends going back in a month. unfortunately this means that I will have to keep them separate for about 3 months.

While both bunnies are really missing each other, Lottie in particular seems really depressed. She's not eating much, and therefore pooing much less, she just lies against the wire separating them trying to get as close to Hubble as possible.:cry: I'm becoming a bit worried as she seems to be getting worse.
It's so hard seeing her unhappy.

Has anyone got any ideas on the best way to help her adjust to the new situation?

awww that is sad. My vet did Wobbles at about 4/5 months - she said is normally 6 months ish but as long as you can see the balls then you can do it?

I had sooty neutered at 5 months. As long as their balls have dropped and the bun is a healthy size then it should be ok. I think some poeple here have had their buns neutered at 4 months.

I had Benji doen at 6 months and Benji done at 16 weeks and only just after the other one 'dropped' .... as long as they are then they should be able to do it..... the vet does say that they need to make sure they get it 'all' so best to wait a bit longer. Can you get a second opinion too?

In the mantime can you spend time with them on your lap so they cant mount and still be close to each other maybe??

Big cuddles to them :D

Hi
I had my frenchie brothers castrated at 12 and a half weeks old. I think as long as there is something there - be it a pair of plums or a pair of grapes, then they can be removed. :? Maybe ask another vet for their opinion? :D

I have spoken to several where I live and most of them won't do it till he is 5 months. The vet I saw yesterday will do him from 4 months but was willing to do Hubble earlier if he was ready.

I have got used to the idea that they need to be apart for awhile. I'm just a little worried about how Lottie is taking their separation.
She still seams quite depressed and even turned her nose up at a barley ring.:cry:

Back