• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random question . . .

vikkia1234

Warren Scout
I know this seems like a silly question but what is a normal amount that rabbits should poop?

When i used to greet guinness in the mornings his hutch used to be full of pellets, now in the mornings there is practically nothing and he only poo's really in his litter box but no where near the ammount he used to.

Last time i see my vet she told me guinness seemed a bit chunky! So i have cut his pellets down by half and stopped giving him treats, but hes quite happy eating lots of hay and veg, could this be the reason why he is not doing his business so much? Or do you think there may be something wrong, the pellets are also a slightly different colour, but same consistency!

are his poo's more golden now? are they the same size as before and is he eating more hay now you have cut back on the dried food?

Both of mine occassionally eat their normal poo's so he maybe doing this and so there seems less of them;)

Yes they are more golden brown and they are the same size as before, he is eating loads more hay since cutting down the dried food, infact spends nearly all his time eating hay! I just thought it was weird having his whole hutch covered in pellets to now have practically nothing in his hutch at all, is this ok then do you think?

this is going to sound bizarre:lol: , when you say practically nothing, how many are we talking? have a count for us;) :D

also, is he in a moult at all or do any of the poops string together?

Well he still poos in his litter box in the mornings and evenings when i get him out ( but still not as much) but really there is only the odd droppings here and there in his hutch, i wil count tomorrow! ha ha

Hes moulting a bit but not by alot, no the poops dont string together, they are normal just a different colour!

Back