• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - foster parents needed for 6 months

Madeleine

New Kit
I am moving to New York with my job for 6 months from Feb and can't take my two house rabbits (M+F) with me. My usual boarding place only caters for short stays, ie they don't have what I would consider is enough space for a long-term stay. As my two currently run free-range in a large sitting room at home, I don't want them to be cooped up in a small hutch and getting only an hour of exercise a day while I am off.

Does anyone know of either a good boarding bunnery with lots of space OR even better someone who is willing / has experience of taking on bunnies temporarily, but for longer periods of time? I live in London but would be happy to travel for the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Madeleine

Yeah, mine stayed there twice and were slightly upset with me when they had to come back home. :lol: They are usually booked well in advance. Next summer is all booked and they even had a request for 2010. :shock:

Thanks for responding. I spoke to Claire at Doe DropInn today. She was great and very helpful but is bopoked out for certain times over the 6 months I am away so this is a no go. back to the drawing board. If anyone knows of any other ideas, they will be gratefully appreciated.

I do think Doe DropInn looks great though. And they have CCTV so you can monitor them while you are away.

Back