PDA

View Full Version : Help - foster parents needed for 6 months

Madeleine
13-12-2007, 12:59 AM
I am moving to New York with my job for 6 months from Feb and can't take my two house rabbits (M+F) with me. My usual boarding place only caters for short stays, ie they don't have what I would consider is enough space for a long-term stay. As my two currently run free-range in a large sitting room at home, I don't want them to be cooped up in a small hutch and getting only an hour of exercise a day while I am off.

Does anyone know of either a good boarding bunnery with lots of space OR even better someone who is willing / has experience of taking on bunnies temporarily, but for longer periods of time? I live in London but would be happy to travel for the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Madeleine

Jack's-Jane
13-12-2007, 07:48 AM
http://www.doedropinn.co.uk/

Janex :)

CrazyBun
13-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow - that looks AMAZING! Good to know in case I ever need it (hope I don't though)

BirdieBun
13-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow that looks totally amazing! My buns wouldn't want to come home! :shock:

Bavarian Bunny
13-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah, mine stayed there twice and were slightly upset with me when they had to come back home. :lol: They are usually booked well in advance. Next summer is all booked and they even had a request for 2010. :shock:

Madeleine
14-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks for responding. I spoke to Claire at Doe DropInn today. She was great and very helpful but is bopoked out for certain times over the 6 months I am away so this is a no go. back to the drawing board. If anyone knows of any other ideas, they will be gratefully appreciated.

I do think Doe DropInn looks great though. And they have CCTV so you can monitor them while you are away.

Woodlouse
14-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Have a look at www.thebunnery.co.uk
We are long term customers of the Bromsgrove Bunnery which has now been franchised ... might be worth a try?