• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

barley rings

kimd6200

Banned
hya just brought a bag of barley rings for thumper as been told they are good for them.wat i want know is how many should i give him a day?just gave him one n he wolfed it down.loved it.x

Are they Dodson and Horrell Barley rings ? I use them each day for all mine buns. They are great for teeth and condition. I get a huge sack for £8 :D I only feed mine about 8 in each bowl and bowls are shared between atleast two bunnies upto four :D They are great to tempt bunnies who dont want to eat too :lol:

yea d&h.i paid 8.50!!!!:lol: smell lovely.is it true they help there coat?n with them bein rock hard will they keep his teeth trimmed?x:)

When I steal some off Steph I get mobbed by my lot for them but I only use them as a treat. They are no substitute for hay as, like pellet food, they will fill the buns up very quicky so do little for their teeth.

They are used as a conditioner in horses, for coat, mane and tails. Ive used them for about 18 months and swear by them. As I say I dont over feed them. They are rock hard and can only do the teeth good :D My 13 will do anything for a barley ring :shock: :lol:

thumper gets huge amounts of hay so wont forget about that.prob give him 2 or 3 a day.my neighbours rabbit was literally drooling at me.soooo funny!x:lol:

Hey steph, do you get them from the mecca that is Hungry Hourse? (For those not in the area local horse feed supplier that also does lots of hay, straw, sawdust, megazorb, A&P and carrots)

Hey steph, do you get them from the mecca that is Hungry Hourse? (For those not in the area local horse feed supplier that also does lots of hay, straw, sawdust, megazorb, A&P and carrots)

:D Yup - Mecca!! They come in big bags so you need storage space! Not a prob at yours tho! :p

I have had some from Steph too she is the official Barley ring supplier bless her! I would like to buy some off you actually Steph if you dont mind? Maybe when you order next could you order extra for me? And we will sort out monies etc??? :D :D :D :D

:wave: Hun when I go over to see Tree Ill bring you a tesco bag full :D A gift from the bunnies to yours for Christmas :D :lol: Barley ring Queen :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Awwwwwwwwwwwww well I will give Tree some money for you then :D Think Bobby misses his rings :D

Back