• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Girls are going out to their run TODAY!! PICS!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
The girls haven't been in their run since their spay a week and two days ago. They moved smoothly back outside into their hutch. It was below freezing last night and because we put a duvet cover and a plastic sheet over the front of the hutch, the water bottle didn't freeze. Once the covers came off, it froze and I had to put some warm water in it to de-frost it. Just shows how well the covers work. I've been using the vetbed. It is very warm but I don't know if they have been using it. The girls have been really good, so I'm going to try them out in their run again. Is there anything I should discourage? I'll try and put the run somewhere where the sun is on it, so it's warm. Anything else I should do? I'll try and get some photos to show you guys. Milly was binkying in her hutch today so she is ready to let off some steam. :lol:

Yeah, they are. We have had to put the run on concrete because the grass froze and by 12pm, it was still frozen, so it looks like their winter run will be on concrete. We have put soft carpet over two-thirds of the run. I know that rexes should not be on concrete or carpet because of sore hocks, but this is the only option apart from not being in their run all winter. Here are some pictures:

8539jso.jpg

^Their run with carpet and the shelter, and a few toys.

6ydtfki.jpg

^Their bordom breaker toy I got for them whilst they were recovering.

6jz2i3t.jpg

^Milly whilst she was recovering in her cage a few days ago. She looks so relaxed. She's fine, she's not ill at all in this piccie.

851mbdu.jpg

^Molly with her bordeom breaker.

6ye8qxx.jpg

^Run, Molly's coming to eat us!!! :lol:

6pp3409.jpg

^Molly washing near the carpet.

854thds.jpg

^The shelter and the carpet, and Molly trying to capture the limelight.

8gggi6h.jpg

^Layout of the run and the girlies running around.

8aehzb5.jpg

^Notice the cat in the background and the girlies standing their ground. :D

Hope you liked the pictures. Please tell me what you think about the concrete situation.

Last edited:
If you have a Wilkinson's near you then you can get a fleecey pet blanket from there its 1m x 1m and only £4.99. :D

Thanks. I was thinking of getting rubber matting, cos it won't be destroyed in the rain. Is this a good idea? Where can I get some? How much do you think it would be to buy a 5ft x 5ft mat?

Maybe B&Q or somewhere, it shouldn't be too pricey, just make sure its slightly too big for the run so they don't chew the edges, my male rabbit is obsessed with rubber :lol:

I've been looking through sites and all the mats are so pricey. It costs £14 for 50cmx50cm. It would take about 5 of them to fill the space.

Back