• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies in need an no one will help....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
i had a call this morning from a breeder who is giving up, her husband is terminally ill:cry: she has 7 adult bunnies one of which is pregnant and 3 of the does all have babies, so technically we are talking about alot more than 7 bunnies, im full to capacity and so far only 2 people have offered to help,(march hare and animal aid who can only take 1 of these bunnies for me) its an urgent situation because if these bunnies are not rescued they are going to the meat man :cry: :cry:
ive spent the day on the phone to rabbit welfare who once again said it wasnt my problem:shock: :shock: but who did give me a list of other rescues of whom which i have spoken to ive explained the situation and none of them will or are able to help me :cry: :cry:
i just feel its so sad when bunnies are in desperate need and their is just no space for anywhere to help them,:cry: :cry: :cry:

i had a call this morning from a breeder who is giving up, her husband is terminally ill:cry: she has 7 adult bunnies one of which is pregnant and 3 of the does all have babies, so technically we are talking about alot more than 7 bunnies, im full to capacity and so far only 2 people have offered to help,(march hare and animal aid who can only take 1 of these bunnies for me) its an urgent situation because if these bunnies are not rescued they are going to the meat man :cry: :cry:
ive spent the day on the phone to rabbit welfare who once again said it wasnt my problem:shock: :shock: but who did give me a list of other rescues of whom which i have spoken to ive explained the situation and none of them will or are able to help me :cry: :cry:
i just feel its so sad when bunnies are in desperate need and their is just no space for anywhere to help them,:cry: :cry: :cry:

Which section did you put your appeal in??

bunnies in need and no one will help

ive been appealing by telephone as my computer is playing up and as quick as i get on my computer freezes up, if anyone can help foster or any rescues on here can help if you dont here from me please pm march hare who will let me know
cheryl, thank you for your offer can a bunnyrun be arranged ? how many can you take
ill know more tomorrow when i go to see the lady

I have some coming in for holiday boarding but will still have some spare hutches. I will work out what i can take and pm you later on tonight ;)

I have an indoor cage and could foster a bun or a couple for a rescue for a while if that would help. I am away at the beginning of feb though so hopefully there would be space in a rescue for them then.

I'm in Sheffield by the way.

Helen x

Are you somewhere along the south coast then? Have you talked to Bobtails or ARC yet? I am fostering for ARC and will hopefully have a free 6 foot hutch next week, as I am expecting our new hutch this weekend.

:wave: I'll help but ill need a bunny run, and itll have to be bunbun without babies, as the hutch i have will only house 1! :D Will PM March Hare!! x

Hello, i have just been homechecked for one of Jills rescue rabbits, the lady that homechecked me lives local and can lend me a hutch, so i could foster for you until somewhere was found, she actually has 2 spare hutchs so is going to contact you too, if a run could be organise, foster buns could be brought up this way together??

Anna

I am happy to add to my waiting list if people this way want to foster but currently have no space at the rescue.

have a garden which is bunny proofed and no bad plants in. but no hutch until after xmas .if a hutch/hutches could be lent then i could foster for u. I already have corner litter tray, carry case, food bowls water bottles etc from when chels stays unfortunatly she brings her own hutch so i only have a pathetic thing i got off ebay wudnt want a bun in really(never again buyin off ebay for hutch) my dad is still building my hutch my xmas present... but if there are hutchs that can be lent i have space.. i can do relativly local pick up if needed.?! if this helps im here pm me.

We have 2 spare foster hutches which we use for arc one is a big 2 storey so could take mum and babies, have you spoken to donna?

If it comes down to a matter of life or death I can foster, but I'll have to get a new cage. There is a rabbit rescue near me in Greenwich, have you tried there? I could care for some until there were spaces in the new year.

It says no one can or will help..amybe a good idea if you say which rescues you've already contacted and are full as people seem to be suggesting a lot that might be able to help you out after all:D
I'm afraid..after the Rescue Mission the other day ..we are over our limit..
really hope you find soem places...

Thanks for everyone who has posted offers of help. Caroline will get back to you as soon as she can. We understand Jill that you are full, particularly with the fantastic rescue mission you did recently. Its a difficult time of year with lots of rescues brimming with bunnies.

Caroline has been heartened by the support she has received from the forum, after a frustrating day spent on the phone prior to posting. We are focused on securing homes for these bunnies.

Would any rescues not previously contacted, who have space, please contact Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue. Further fosterers would also be helpful. Caroline's computer is playing up and, if you need to pm, could you pm March Hare or myself.

Finally, if anyone is considering a new bunny, would you please look at the bunnies at Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue. March Hare has posted some under Rabbits in Need and will be posting further shortly.

Where abouts are you based? have you stil got issues?

Ive volunteer for a rescue that might be able to take 1 or 2 in? (ive only got 1 spare hutch).
PM me if you still need help. Im based in London/Kent borders

Back