• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Required...

NickyBell

New Kit
Hi, I am new to the forum and need some help! We have a lion head house rabbit who lives indoors. At night time he is put to bed in his hutch inside the house - this is the only time he goes in there are the rest of the time he is running around the house or around the garden. Although his hutch is very nice, it is a wooden outdoor hutch and we really want to get him something more suitable for indoors. I have seen a few plastic hutches but they are generally brightly coloured and don't look that great. Plastic interior is perfect for cleaning so I don't mind that at all but am looking for something that wont stick out like a sore thumb! I have searched high and low on the internet but to no avail and am now thinking we may have to get something made bespoke. If you do have any ideas of where I can buy a suitable hutches for indoors which also looks nice, it would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nicky x

What sort of thing are you looking for? Have you considered a dog crate at all? They tend to work out cheaper, as well as easy to clean and tall enough for the bunny to stretch up.

A lot of people choose to use dog crates to house indoor buns =] Personally I either use the Nero 4 cage, or I use a pen which I bought from P@H with tarpaulin and loads of toys and a bed inside of it x

I've got an indoor cage from kennel gate which is grey and the bars are just plain silver. You can get them quite big too and I don't think too expensive.

Nice thing about a dog crate is they can jump in and out without risking breaking their leg on the door of a cage, which usually hinges down. dog crates also fold flat if you need to take him on holiday or put it away for some other reason - and they're much cheaper than cages! To keep the mess in though you need to have a large underbed storage box for a litter tray, and just a piece of matting on the crate floor rather than litter :)

I payed £50 for a propper indoor cage for my bun with the plastic bottom and cage over the top! its quite big 2 and great to hang things off the cage top for ur buns! x

Back