• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Rabbit Hutch

NickyBell

New Kit
Hi, I am new to the forum and need some help! We have a lion head house rabbit who lives indoors. At night time he is put to bed in his hutch inside the house - this is the only time he goes in there are the rest of the time he is running around the house or around the garden. Although his hutch is very nice, it is a wooden outdoor hutch and we really want to get him something more suitable for indoors. I have seen a few plastic hutches but they are generally brightly coloured and don't look that great. Plastic interior is perfect for cleaning so I don't mind that at all but am looking for something that wont stick out like a sore thumb! I have searched high and low on the internet but to no avail and am now thinking we may have to get something made bespoke. If you do have any ideas however of suitable hutches for indoors which also look nice, it would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nicky x

:wave: I have a dog crate with a shelf built into it - it is ok but is not beautiful. For my last bunny my boyfriend built a rabbit castle with ply wood type stuff and painted it and made a turret and castellations on the top etc and lined it with cushion flooring tiles so it was easy to wipe clean indoors.

my indoor bunny has a dog crate, it doesnt stick out as much as a hutch would and isnt that much of an eyesore. we got it on ebay for about £40.

to make it a bit nicer we have a blanket on it to hide the bars and it often gets used as a side to put stuff on!!!!

Hello, what about something like a kids play pen? you can get these wooden ones that you can turn into anyshape you want, to put them anywhere you want, they just link together.

I made this little indoor "ship" for ours. It's a 120cm Tommy cage with a run outside, the boarding is covered in waterproof kitchen tiles and the metal rods are now topped with small wooden door knobs. They stay in this during the day then we just open a panel and let them out in the evening! Please note that they have much more toys now and a little house!

Cage.jpg

This is my indoor cage;

002.jpg

Made from NIC grids, which are GREAT! They are available from B&Q now, and you can shape in in whatever design and size you want. They can be built to fit into awkward places etc. You can add upper floors, which in my experiences rabbits love to jump up and down (Maddie totally loves her top floor :D ).

This is my indoor cage;

002.jpg

Made from NIC grids, which are GREAT! They are available from B&Q now, and you can shape in in whatever design and size you want. They can be built to fit into awkward places etc. You can add upper floors, which in my experiences rabbits love to jump up and down (Maddie totally loves her top floor :D ).

How much are these NIC grids? Thanks ;)

Hi, I am new to the forum and need some help! We have a lion head house rabbit who lives indoors. At night time he is put to bed in his hutch inside the house - this is the only time he goes in there are the rest of the time he is running around the house or around the garden. Although his hutch is very nice, it is a wooden outdoor hutch and we really want to get him something more suitable for indoors. I have seen a few plastic hutches but they are generally brightly coloured and don't look that great. Plastic interior is perfect for cleaning so I don't mind that at all but am looking for something that wont stick out like a sore thumb! I have searched high and low on the internet but to no avail and am now thinking we may have to get something made bespoke. If you do have any ideas however of suitable hutches for indoors which also look nice, it would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nicky x

Hi Nicky,

Know exactly what you mean :D

We've seen some of the plastic ones and wouldnt even mind the bright colours, but found the ones I saw too small for my buns....

I currently have a dog crate with a shelf and have put the same counter top on the top of the crate so that it blends in with the nearby counter...

I think bespoke is the only way to go if you are looking for something that will blend in to the environment. Ours live in the lounge and would love the crate to blend in more...

Let me know if you find a bespoke carpenter!
The one I found just short of laughed at me.... :roll:

cage

This is my indoor cage;

002.jpg

Hi!!

I found your cage on google images and I really fell in love with it! I was wondering how many panels it took to make this cage cause im planning on making it! Thanks!

Back