• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Sitter Essex

sherbert

Young Bun
Hi,

I know its really late notice!! but we are moving to essex next week and we need a pet sitter for xmas. We are away xmas day and boxing day. We have 2 indoor buns, 2 indoor guineas, and 2 cats (who will be indoor as we will have just moved :shock: )
Oh and its near chelmsford.
Can anyone recommend someone or know somone who may be able to do it? Any suggestions most welcomed!!

Thanks!:D

im in essex but only do outdoor boarding for buns so im no use...

have you tried going on yell.com?xxx

I would say I could help, but I'm not going to be around much on Christmas Day and Boxing Day (just popping back to feed the animals then out again), and my piggies here have an infection that I wouldn't want to pass on.

Whereabouts are you moving to? Might be worth contacting some vets local to the place you're moving, they often have lists of boarders/sitters.

I want to go up there for a nosey to check it out sometime early next year, I usually take mine up to the Rabbit Residence near Royston but the Bunnery is about a quarter of the journey so much more practical especially for long weekends and stuff.

I want to go up there for a nosey to check it out sometime early next year, I usually take mine up to the Rabbit Residence near Royston but the Bunnery is about a quarter of the journey so much more practical especially for long weekends and stuff.

I was very impressed with their set up. Big hutches for both indoor and outdoors bunnies. Ive booked Gizmo and Billy a double one which is probably about 12ft long:shock: :lol: . They are taking my guinea piggies too and Domino is having an indoor hutch

Whereabouts are you moving to? Might be worth contacting some vets local to the place you're moving, they often have lists of boarders/sitters.

As above - if you can give us a rough area (Essex is a big county so a bit difficult to suggest a petsitter on that size area) we might be able to suggest some local vets who may be able to give you some info.

As above - if you can give us a rough area (Essex is a big county so a bit difficult to suggest a petsitter on that size area) we might be able to suggest some local vets who may be able to give you some info.

Yeah, let us know where you are. I'm in Essex, I may be able to help if you are near me.

Are pet sitters likely to work (in other people's homes) at Christmas? Wouldn't it be easier to take them to someone else's home or boarding service? :?

Pet sitters do work over Xmas and will do home visits as well as live in if necessary but be prepared to pay considerably more than the normal rate.

As in my original post, we are near chelmsford.

Sorry, I did read that I just wondered where you were specifically - I live in South Woodham ferrers - which is 13 miles from Chelmsford - but I still say near Chelmsford. Are you near SWF do you know? PM me if you prefer.

As in my original post, we are near chelmsford.

Aaah sorry you added that afterwards so I didn't see it.

Try ringing Bishopscourt vets on 01245 252276 I used to go there (don't now...long story) but I know they have a list of boarders/pet sitters so they will probably be able to give you some phone numbers.

Also just tried a google search and came up with:

http://www.petpals.com/area/chelmsford.htm

Last edited:
Back