• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Crate U/D now with pics of 36 compared to 48

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
When i got Wispa i already owned a dog crate and assumed that it was the biggest one, we measured it the other day and found it was a 36 incher.

Went onto ebay and found a 48 incher for £39 delivered and snapped it up! it arrived today and OMG!!!! ITS MASSIVE!!!!!

i didnt realise there would be that much difference in size (obviously the measurements said so but seeing it was a shock!)

We now have to decide where it will go because it is 1cm (!!!) too big to go under the worktop in the utility room.

ive had to make Wispa a little step because the door is higher up than she is!

Last edited:
:wave: I've built a shelf in mine - there is a thread on here on how to do that with pics and everything plus put a little ramp on it.

I'm awaiting delivery of two 48" crates as I type this. :) I'm pleased to hear there's a big difference in size, I nearly bought the 36" ones but as there wasn't much difference in the price decided to go for the larger.

thanks!!! i was thinking about a shelf!

she does jump onto the top of her box and chills up there but we need a new one because she is too heavy and it sags!

probably the same crate but my seller was peteurope. there is so much space in there for her!!!! i'm going to take a pic later and show everyone but post it with a picture of her old crate as well to show the difference in floor space that she has!

Pics as promised.

the first pic is her 36in crate and the 2nd is her 48in crate

wispacage.jpg

this shows the layout of her cages and demonstrates the space she now has compared to before

the first pic is her 36in crate and the 2nd is her 48in crate (notice her step in the 2nd pic!!!)

wispacage2.jpg

wispa keeps standing up next to the cage and she is very close to the tree! she now reaches the second from bottom branch!!!! last week she only reached the first

she's growing up :love:

Aww! She's very cute! The 48's seem massive don't they. I think it's cos they're wider and taller as well. So compared to an equivalent length hutch or nero type cage it seems much roomier. :thumb:

I have a 48" crate....for my slovakian pointer puppy!:lol: its huge! when he eventually stops needing it am sure it will get utilised for sick buns! x

Back