• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG! the rabbits just scared the poo out of me!

mrs munkee

Mama Doe
After feeding the buns their breakfast this morning we popped out to the local garden centre to get some new fish for our tank. We get back and the phone goes, so I'm on the phone and hubby goes out into garden. I don't really pay attention to what he says when he comes in as I was on the phone, until it suddenly clicks what he's on about

The rabbits are gone! :shock:

So i go flying into the garden and sure enough there is no bun in the hutch or the run. I instantly end the call and hubby and I are just running round in circles crying and shaking. We instantly concluded that they must have been stolen as the back gate was unlocked and there's noway ther buns can get out on their own. I'm instantly on the phone to the police and while i'm on hold hubby looks out the window and says Minstrel is in the corner of the run!

So i hang up and we go out into the garden again but no sign of Cadbury. I check in the large cardboard tube - not there. Then i lokked at the smaller tube thinking he can't possibly be...... but sure enough he had squeezed himself in. At first I thought he was stuck, but he slithered out and looked at me most put out.

omg I sobbed with relief. I have never been so scared shocked devasted then relieved in all my life! Silly silly buns!

Needless to say I have removed the small tube and extra padlocks going on the run asap. I'm not taking any chances

Mine escaped last night and turned up in next doors garden.

My daughter had left one of our garden gates open (she has been suitably punished!!) and they had obvioulsy learnt to scale the other gate - though I can't see how.(We have what we thought was a failsafe two gate system, supplmented by regular checks when they are loose in the garden)

We had a few minutes panic and then a few more minutes getting them home via the aid of tesco greens and much coaxing.

All have now had the riot act read out loud and clear. A three gate system is being specced up as I write!

Oh, you POOR thing!!!!!:shock:

I get TOTALLY hysterical at times like that!:oops: :oops: I try really hard NOT to.....but I just can't help it.:(

awwwww in my first year of having the first rabbit we ever had i went out with my freind and we can back and the hutch door was wide open and my rabbit had gone:shock: if it was not for my cat wanting to eat him we would have never have found him because he ran under the shed in fright of my cat :roll:

A few days after I got MJ he dug out of his run - it's a horrible feeling as you know you'd have to confess to the rescue that you'd lost their rabbit after only a couple of days! Luckily he was stuck half in and out as his bum was too big to fit through the hole!!

A few days after I got MJ he dug out of his run - it's a horrible feeling as you know you'd have to confess to the rescue that you'd lost their rabbit after only a couple of days! Luckily he was stuck half in and out as his bum was too big to fit through the hole!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but on a serious note, one the first things i thought was omg what do i say to all you guys - we've only had them 5 days. think they may have been spooked by next doors cat, or they were just being very mischievous. i was cleaning bunny wee off the kitchen floor at 10pm last night, thank you minstrel :roll: they're just testing me and sending secret messages back to cheryl.....:shock:

Back