• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Q for rescues: What type of rabbit...

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
...is easiest to rehome?

Just being curious...But what is the typical profile of an easy to rehome rabbit? E.g. What age, size, breed, colour, temperament, etc?

Amy

I have found there isn't an easiest as people like different types..
much easier to say which are hardest..
Agouti up ears
Black up ears
REWs

In that order:cry:

Last edited:
Agouti up ears
Black up ears
REWs

awww, does that include my Flynn???? :(

well i am glad he's coming to me then, i think he's gorgeous :D

p.s
slight problem with the name though, my 2 year old little girl just keeps saying its greg :roll: may need to change his name

p.s
slight problem with the name though, my 2 year old little girl just keeps saying its greg :roll: may need to change his name

:lol: That made me smile: does she just like the name Greg??? :D

EDIT: Oops, just looked at your username again.. I guess she's mixing up her bunnies :lol:

:lol: That made me smile: does she just like the name Greg??? :D

EDIT: Oops, just looked at your username again.. I guess she's mixing up her bunnies :lol:

Well 'Greg' was bought as a boy bun but turned out to be a girl bun, we only found out when we asked vet to check if he was ready to be neutered :oops: and we tried to tell her that Greg was a girl, that didnt compute either !!!

so now when we are getting another pal for Jessica (cos Greg was stolen :cry: ) she just doesnt understand why its not Greg. LOL

I have to agree with honeybunny and say that the order in the hardest to rehome is in that order.

when i had to rehome jellys accidental babies, we had 2 REW, one agouti and one black!! needless to say it took a while! x

It's a shame that some colours or breeds are difficult to rehome.

Personally I have absolutely no preferences for certain types of rabbits...although I do prefer friendly, easy to bond rabbits for obvious reasons :lol:

The only types I would avoid are giants, long haired rabbits, and possibly rexes with thin fur.

Amy

I think small bunnies are easier to rehome than medium or big bunnies, although if a giant comes into a rescue, they usually get rehomed fast, because they are rare in rescues. Young bunnies or babies seem to go faster than older bunnies, lops are more popular than uppy eared ones, and bunnies with more than one colour seem to be more attractive.
Single bunnies are usually easier to rehome than pairs or bigger groups.
We have had a few REWs at ARC this year, including Luna's sisters, and most of them found a home quite fast. There are some other bunnies which you'd think would be popular, but have been with us for a while now. Most of them are medium to big sized or pairs.
I used to prefer uppy eared bunnies, because it's fun to watch their ears move, but now I have 3 lops and two uppy eared bunnies, and they all have different colours.

my little brother loves black rabbits. Each time hes had the chance to choose a rabbit, he always goes for a black one.

Agouti up ears
Black up ears
REWs

good grief, what do people have against agoutis?!

I remember when I went to adopt Sorrel I was talking to the ladty at the rescue and she said they can never ever shift black animals cos no one wants them, they just end up with pens and pens of black bunnies and kittens that no one will take. :( sorrel had been there for a year and a half :(

feelin a bit stupid what is a REw?! also agouti is cute colour and so are black bunnys they are usually my fav ones! tho with most bunnys i ifall in love easily...lol

Back