• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what shall i do??help please u/d we have poop and eating

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Ok first off please dont jump on me cus i took Cookie on in good faith that he was healthy. Yesterday he had runny eyes, possibly blocked treaducts, eye infection?
today i have got up and he has only doen three poos all of which are runny. he hasnt touched his food since last night and i *think* his tummy is hard.

I feel ao awful i feel like i need to take him to the vets but i just dont have the cash to do that, i mean yeh i have the money in my bank but thats (without sounding selfish) my buns emergency fund which took me a long time 2 save up.

what shall i do? he needs a vet i know he does, i can get him there easy but i cant afford it.
the only thing the RSPCA suggested was collecting him, but i dont wana do that cus i did that before and they put the bun to sleep :(:(:(:(:(

*please dont hate me, i took him on in good faith i never would have if id known this*
hes so lovely and i dont know what to do :'(

Last edited:
Is he a foster bun? If so take him to the vet and pass the bill onto the rescue, esp if he is an RSPCA foster, but he needs a vet

Oh dear, sorry to hear this, but you've already answered your own question, the bunny needs to see a vet. Perhaps you can talk to your vet about paying for any treatment in installments?

Unfortunately even if he had been really well, there is always a chance that any bunny can become ill at any time. Its something we all have to expect and prepare for. :cry:

no he isnt, i got him on the rabbits in need thread, in belief he just needed vaccs and neuturing.

he isnt registered with any rescue

no he isnt, i got him on the rabbits in need thread, in belief he just needed vaccs and neuturing.

he isnt registered with any rescue

I dont know the situation regarding cookie, But whatever the situation he does need to see a vet hun.
Sallyx

OMG im so sorry hun :cry: sadly i dont what you can do, sorry im not much help sending some healthy vibes to the little boy hope some one can come on here and help soon.

what ever happens though i wont think bad of you

maybe a rescue could help? or if you have a pdsa near you they will do most vet treatment for free for people on benifits etc. so if you have a family member or friend on benifits you can always say its their rabbit for free treatment.

xx

Oh dear, sorry to hear this, but you've already answered your own question, the bunny needs to see a vet. Perhaps you can talk to your vet about paying for any treatment in installments?

Unfortunately even if he had been really well, there is always a chance that any bunny can become ill at any time. Its something we all have to expect and prepare for. :cry:

yeh i know, and i know any bunny can become ill but i only have enough really for my own, i cnt afford it. he was only going to be with me a week, and be neutured, i was trying to do a good thing for him :(

not on benefits, dont know anyone who is. i phoned the pdsa, rspca and they really wanted to help but said they couldnt cus im not on benefits.

i think im gonna have 2 sign him over to the rspca :(

yeh i know, and i know any bunny can become ill but i only have enough really for my own, i cnt afford it. he was only going to be with me a week, and be neutured, i was trying to do a good thing for him :(

Give your vets a quick call hun, they might be able to help if you explain the situation? Worth a go

I'd speak with your vets Sarah Jane, explain the situation and they should let you pay in installments :D After all, you were doing the right thing by this bun :D

i did. they said i either have 2 pay 4 it, they dont do installments, or i have to leave him there 4 the rspca 2 come and get him.

the only appointment they have is 4:30 :cry: but at 4:30 i will take him and he wont be coming back with me, and i know theyl put him to sleep :'(

I'm sorry your in this situation :( wasn't he going to live where your mum works ? Don't they have money to pay for his vet bills?

i did. they said i either have 2 pay 4 it, they dont do installments, or i have to leave him there 4 the rspca 2 come and get him.

the only appointment they have is 4:30 :cry: but at 4:30 i will take him and he wont be coming back with me, and i know theyl put him to sleep :'(

Is there another vets you could try? Ring round a few and explain the situation.

I'm sorry your in this situation :( wasn't he going to live where your mum works ? Don't they have money to pay for his vet bills?

Treacle is insured, and Cookie would have been insured once he moved there.

No other vets will help me, they all say the same thing and there not good with rabbits :'(

What about contacting the person you got Cookie from? maybe she could give you something towards his vet fee.
.I know at this time of year we are all usually broke but she might be willing to give you a little..

Well you don't have much choice do you, you either use your emergency funds or sign him over to the RSPCA.

I don't mean to sound harsh but you shouldn't have taken this bun on if you can't afford vet bills. I know you didn't expect this, but you've got to consider this buns welfare.

If I was closer I'd have helped you out, because my vets are really good at letting me pay my bills when I've got the money. It has happened to me where I've had a sick bun and no money but my vets would rather treat a sick animal now and sort out money later

i dunno....i wouldnt like to ask

hes just eaten some kale and some hay which is good :D been rubbing his tummy alot and he seems to have perked up a bit which is good

The runny eye might be related to a problem with his teeth, so he really does need to get checked out :( How is his health otherwise? (i.e. is his bum clean, weight feel OK?)

I'm miles away from you too, otherwise I would have also been happy to take him to my vets :(

If you got him from buns in need, then there is a good chance that his original owner will read this, I guess? I wouldn't feel bad about asking for help, especially if the only other options are no treatment or RSPCA..

Back