• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much does it cost for.......

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
i just wondered how much your vets charge for a spay of a 6 month french lop?

mine charge from £90 - £150 and my mums charge £92.78 (for a normal sized rabbit, they couldnt tell me about a french lop!)

It shouldnt make a difference on the breed of rabbit :shock:

Miloes sister who was a frenchy cost £45 and that was including the follow up appt. When Fae was spayed - and she is much smaller it was the same cost, and my vets said it would just be the same for a conti etc.

as far as I know, mine charged the same regardless of size, 2 years ago mine cost just under £35.00 for a neuter of my frenchie, not sure what a spay is though as I understand these are dearer due to them being more complicated but will ask tomorrow out of interest:)

I'm off to a new vet today to find out about having my frienchies neutered so I'll ask then.
They did say they sometimes charge more for big bunnies. Not sure why they would do this though.
I paid £65 each for my mini lop and lionhead including a follow up.

she's booked into the vets tomorrow for her first jab and the receptionist said to talk to the vet about it because yes she is a french lop but at 6 months she wont be fully grown!

I paid £55 which was the fee regardless of size(Daisy's an english Spot)
I'm in Cumbria too- but in the north of the county.

Rachel

she's booked into the vets tomorrow for her first jab and the receptionist said to talk to the vet about it because yes she is a french lop but at 6 months she wont be fully grown!

alot of buns arent fully grown when spayed or neutured, cus they arent fully frown til around a year xxxx

Maybe the receptionist doesn't really know what she's talking about.;)

i think mine was 70 or 80 but check up's were free unless i needed antibiotics, the follow up stitches were free :lol: :oops:

Back