• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Xeno 450 Spot-On for mites

Pepsi's People

Alpha Buck
Collected Trooper & Lillie's meds yesterday for the next stage of their treatment. The instructions say to apply onto the skin at the back of the neck & down the spine.
Does anyone have any tips on the easiest way to do this? I have visions of it ending up all over my hands and none on the buns :lol:

Mike

It's really easy to apply, just make sure they can't run away whilst you're doing it. Just part the fur with your fingers, snap the top off and squeeze onto the skin.

Remember that you apply 1 vial per 1kg body weight, so an average sized rabbit will need 2 vials.

The vet told me that a good way to hold bun is to sit behind them and hold them at the front so your arms are by there sides holding there front legs, you will need to get someone else to apply the lotion though!

Back