• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How high can you jump?

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Scamp greeted my mum from the kitchen window sill this morning. He helpfully demonstrated how he'd jumped from the upturned washing up bowl to the top of the work surface - I measured that's 76cm (2'6")!

How high can your bun jump?

One of mine is a nosy one and manages to jump from the ground onto the run of her neighbours, measures 2ft, thought that was high but obviously not. Always does it at the wrong time as well, sure they know when to be naughty don't they.

The run my husband built for the rabs is just over 3ft tall, and Jen can clear that with ease. I was sat out with them the first time we used it and so didn't bother to put the lid on :oops: I nearly died when Jen suddenly appeared at my feet and looked up as if to say 'Oh, hi mum' :lol:

Benny's always been a jumper - I've made a climbing frame for him on the patio and he sits at the top surveying his kingdom for ages :lol:

Of the girls, Zinniea has the shortest legs, but I was amazed to find her on top of Maa's hutch once - she'd jumped from a ledge only 4" wide, up a sheer cliff face 3' high :shock: She can dig for Britain too :roll: :lol:

Ant jumps from the floor to the back of the sofa (as in the highest point of the sofa) on a daily basis. Bit like a parrot as he's then at the same height as your head if you're sitting there.

LaRue always jumps on the bed once each night, so about 24" .
I have been thinking of getting pet steps as that might be safer for her :)

Last week Jack scared me by jumping from the floor straight over my head and onto the back of the sofa :shock: :shock:

I'd say that's over 1.5 metres but he was jumping diagonally and took a run at it.

My heart was beating like mad thought he was going to land on me he's very heavy may have knocked me out :lol:

Last week Jack scared me by jumping from the floor straight over my head and onto the back of the sofa :shock: :shock:

I'd say that's over 1.5 metres but he was jumping diagonally and took a run at it.

My heart was beating like mad thought he was going to land on me he's very heavy may have knocked me out :lol:

I'd say that diagonally, my lot can go quite a way. They jump from the shelf of the playhouse, straight outside, that's a good 4 1/2 feet.

Vertically, they can both jump the partition in front of the door from a standstill, that's about 2 feet.

When Ant jumps onto the back of our sofa he does it without even needing a run. He'll be sitting there and then he'll suddenly be looking at you from the side of your head!

Funny thing was he's been doing that for ages but has only recently got the courage to go up and down the stairs?!?!

Well, Elsie can do floor to window sil (not sure how hight exactly but quite high). Plus she can clear a large armchair starting on the floor at the front of it and right over the top.

However, Jess can't jump very high, she tried following Elsie once jumping over a barrier but Jess kind of hit it and slid down, like in cartoons! It was funny but I feel sorry for her as she gets quite frustrated!

Sooty can jump onto our bed (About 3ft) but wont jump over the baby gate (I guess the landing is much more squishy). Rosie nethie has jumped onto a 2 ft chair.

Squidgy jumps on the sofa no problem.
Ruby jumps on top of the hutch from standing - Bobby can't manage this, he has to have some steps up!
And the little buns (Salt and Pepper) favourite pursuit is to jump from the top of their hutch and propel themselves from the hay rack to the floor. They then run up on the hutch (they have a step up) and do it again!
Pepper demonstrates the take off position:
DSCN1190.jpg

Back