• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding sucess Poll...

How long did it take to bond your buns?

• Love at first sight

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 1-2 days

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Less than a week

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • 1-2 weeks

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Less than a month

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • More than a month

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Had to give up

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

vicki267

Mama Doe
As the time is drawing nearer for me to bond Arnie and Kira I was wondering what the average timescale for bonding is?

Please post in the poll if you have bonded rabbits, if more than once go for the average.

This could be interesting...

Ironically you have missed the usual time period which is 3-5 days.

I put less than a week as I have done many bondings and tha majority took less than this.

I've always bonded my bunnies differently to most people on here, hehe. But it's never taken more than a week to do so, luckily. :D

one was love at first sight

the other took two full days. however they HAD seen each other before for a year as i owned both buns already

Have bonded 3 times.

Baby and Bubba - approx 2 days
Baby and Homer - Homer had to be "done" so it was a couple of months before we could put them together, but then it only took a couple of days.
Homer and Katy - approx 4 months - Katy was from the RSPCA and was/is a bit of a wild child. We had to take the softly softly approach on this one as she was quite aggressive and blood was drawn!

Good luck with the bonding.

I don't think I've had any love at first sight bondings, but most of mine have tolerated the other rabbit and enjoyed the company straight away.

The longest bonding I've ever had took a few weeks, but after that they became totally inseperable and groomed each other all the time. :D

Amy

I didn't vote because I have had three bonding attempts and I cant vote thrice.
One pair I had to give up on
One pair was love at first sight
The last (bonding a group of three with a single rabbit) took a week before I thought it would work, and another couple of weeks to really sort out the heirarchy into something stable.

The 3 male/female pairs took roughly 3 days.

Then the whole group were bonded with 2 days.

I did bond a female and a male with a few hours though once.

And Radar and Ruby my two giants took about 3 months on and off :shock: :lol: There was no fighting and they'd happily exercisie together in my yard but neither would back down and let the other be "top dog" when living together. Eventually they sorted it and guess who is now my most loved up couple ever? :rolleyes: :lol:

Moonshine and flops, 2 hours
Billy and Emily, 2 hours
Dudley and Smudge, 2 days-ish

I've had a failed attempt at bonding Moonshine, Flops, Smudge and Dudley altogether.

I'm thinking of trying Moonshine and Flops with Billy and Emily in the new year. If I feel brave, and Billy stops trying to knaw my leg off when I let them out :lol:

Sooty + Honey = About a minute to know they'd be fine together and about a week for them to completely settledown into married life

Sooty + Honey + Rosie = Erm we started two weeks ago and although there is no blatent fighting honey & rosie still have not settled completely (lots of chasing, a bit of bum nipping and lots of my poo is bigger than your poo terretory marking but they are getting better....

I have bonded lots ... for me I would have to say every bonding is slightly different. Some I can easily say I am happy that they will be ok within a few hours, others have taken a couple of weeks. The average would be about 2 - 5 days.

Groups take definately a lot more time as their are many relationships which need to be sorted out.

I have only ever given up on one bonding and that was 2 females, one of which was a rex ... Rex's have more fragile skin and are more liable to damage then thicker, longer haired rabbits :( I have changed partner only once, when I was limited for time and they were both playing hard to get :roll:

the rescue gave Alvin and jubilee two major fights before they was given up on... it got very violent so on the 3rd day Alvin came home single :cry:

It took me 1-2 days to bond Jamie and Sapphire.

I introduced them after a long haul of travelling for Sapphire (from Leicester to the Wirral then to me in Liverpool)... in the kitchen... Jamie was very keen, Sapphire wasn't and they kind of ignored each other. The next day I tried them in neutral territory (the spare bedroom) and they both started a huge brawl. After pulling each others fur out, I phoned agony aunt kayj who advised to try them in the bath and then take them for a walk - which we did, and they were alot better. Still, at this point, not certain I could trust them to stay together all night I went at the bonding in exactly the same way the day after and, et voila - bonded bunnies =]

xx

the rescue gave Alvin and jubilee two major fights before they was given up on... it got very violent so on the 3rd day Alvin came home single :cry:

Is he still single? I'm looking to bond Kitt in February myself, and he sounds very much like Alvin x

Wow this is interesting :)

Went to the vets yesterday and she said I would be able to begin bonding maybe on thurs 20th but I'm waiting until friday so that I'll have all weekend free.

I will update on here as soon as my 2 have bonded then :shock:

Just thought I'd place my vote as I have just bonded my 2 :roll:

The first 24-30 hours was horrific for me, so scary to see Kira bullied by my once soppy bunny :cry:

Then the humping began and I let them get on with it as Arnie claimed dominance. They were given more bathroom space and she realised all she had to do is run away and he would give up :lol:

48 hours into the bonding session I had no choice but to put the two buns, who were tolerating each other with the odd lick and cuddle into the same bunny room.

Once they had more toys and space they were alot happier and 1 week on they are very much loved up although alot of humping is still going on and Kira is spraying him as she runs away which happens to be going all over my floor :roll:

Back