• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hester - UC - She has gone to the bridge

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all,

what a day! I discvered a massive weight loss in Hester on Sunday and she went to the vets today for scans bloods if needed etc. The bloods weren't needed, morag found a mass in her uterus on the scan. Morag rang me to advise me and i said that if Morag felt she could get it all and it hadn't spread to go ahead and spay her and remove the cancer, if it had spread in any way to let Hester go.
Morag just rang me, she has removed all the cancer she could see and all of Hesters bits. Hest is taking a very very long time to come round from the GA but her temperature and color are good. im picking her up at 6pm and she's to stay in the house on her own so i can monitor her very closely. She needs plenty of weight gaining food and warmth and it is freezing up here right now! Im not to bring any of Hesters family in to be with her, so Lavender, Plum and Wilbur will just have to do without her. Ordinarily i would bring Lavender in to be with her but i need to make sure she is pooing, weeing and eating good amounts. If Hester is doing ok in a couple of weeks time i will bring Lavender back in to be with her, well unless Lavender gets miserable in which case it will be earlier! The two of them have not been seperate in 5 years.
Fingers crossed please guys and vibes for my baby, Hester is the rabbit who started my fixation, after several years with no rabbits in the house i bought hester for myself when i was 21 and the obsession went from there, she means a huge amount to me and i couldn't bare to loose her

Last edited:
So sorry, Phil, I hope Hester recovers well from the GA and has many more happy years with Lavender. I just wonder if once she's back home if being apart from Lavender will hinder her recovery, if they are very close, perhaps they should stick together?

Hiya Phill, what I did went Mary was poorly and had to be monitored was keep him in the pen that was attached on the front of the dog crate, but keep the crate door shut the majority of the time so I could see if he was weeing and pooing. They all got let in together daily to keep their bond and would snuggle up straight away so the split didn't seem to affect them (this was three bonded boys too!)

So sorry, Phil, I hope Hester recovers well from the GA and has many more happy years with Lavender. I just wonder if once she's back home if being apart from Lavender will hinder her recovery, if they are very close, perhaps they should stick together?

Thanks Guys

Thanks Kathryn, normally i would never keep her on her own and would bring Lavender in straight away but hester is so ill i just can't do it, not for the next few days anyway, i need to make sure she recovers fromt he GA and starts to eat and poo before i bring Lavender in. Fortunatly im off work all day Friday and then from the 21st am off for 10 days so i can really keep my eye on her this week and then hopefully she will be getting better xmas week

Thanks Bens Mum

And thanks Jane i really hope morag was right and that it hasn't spread anywhere.

Hester passed away last night. I collected her from the vets at 6pm and she had not yet come round from the GA. It was too much for her. She would not come round xx Goodnight Sweetheart xxx

Back