• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long haired bunnies

Veronica

Mama Doe
Those of you with long haired bunnies....are you struggling at the moment with winter coats?
OMG Pru is sooooo thick coated at the mo, I'm having to comb her at least twice a day to prevent her getting in a tangle! I honestly think this is the thickest coat she's had it's quite amazing!

I wouldn't mind, but I've trimmed it down too to help me manage it better (ie along the bottom, around the face etc), but it's still crazy fluffy! :lol:
I suppose I should be grateful to know that at least she's nice and toasty :roll: :lol:

It also doesn't help her having such a doting husbun in Leonard, as he's constantly grooming her himself....thus making more grooming for me! :lol:

So how are you peeps with long haired bunnies coping? :wave:

Veronica xxx

wow - she looks like a powder puff crossed with a dandelion clock! :love:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oooo you ain't seen nothing yet! That pic in my sig was taken in spring/summer...so she was in her summer coat :shock:
You gotta see her now! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Infact, now I hae a deal with Ali ( ;) :lol: :D) I'll get some piccies sorted of her :D :love:

I'm coping very well with choci's, we had one tiny knot the other day, as he was in a silly mood and wasn't letting me brush him:roll: but other than that ok:D also keeping holly nicely groomed and baby and lilys tiny mane:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oooo you ain't seen nothing yet! That pic in my sig was taken in spring/summer...so she was in her summer coat :shock:
You gotta see her now! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Infact, now I hae a deal with Ali ( ;) :lol: :D) I'll get some piccies sorted of her :D :love:

Defo! Can't wait to see her!!!:D :rabbit2: :love:

I'm coping very well with choci's, we had one tiny knot the other day, as he was in a silly mood and wasn't letting me brush him:roll: but other than that ok:D also keeping holly nicely groomed and baby and lilys tiny mane:lol:

Wow you have your work cut out with all that grooming! I get exhausted with just one! :lol: There is something relaxing though grooming a bun....especially now I've had Pru nearly 2 years (happy got ya day coming up on 26th! :shock: where's all the time gone!!), we've got into a great routine and she's very chilled with the grooming lark :D

What breed of bunny is she? She's gorgeous :)

She's a lionhead. She's got the double mane gene or something, which basically explains why she's so fluffy (that's probably very badly explained, but I know what I'm on about :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
I got Pru on Boxing Day 2 years ago after meeting Katie who did the final leg of the bunny run from Alice's rescue. :love:

I am struggling a bit with Dylan, he doesn't like me brushing him either, so I have a constant battle with him.

Back