• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Mission Accomplished

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Thanks to Donna who highlighted these animals..we have just got back from rescuing 8 rabbits and 10 guinea pigs from going for meat/greyhound training or ferret food:censored:

We had to buy them..which goes againsnt my usual principles ..but they did not cost too much..£23 for the lot..and how could we possibly leave them:cry:

I will add pics later..they all seem very healthy..we have a yellow dutch doe..3 young black dutches..maybe does?...2 gorgeous other small does..an agouti nethie..and a handsome white and caramel linohead buck.

Also one very young boar..3 adult sows and 6 baby piggies..

Look out for the pics later....and these very lucky animals will be neutered and looking for homes ASAP

Last edited:
Greyhound training? They use real rabbits? :shock: Is that the norm or is that just sick f*cks trying to make more money out of their dogs?

Well done for rescueing those rabbits and piggies... look forward to looking at the pictures!

However can people please stop posting about piggies and it is making me want one... there a space in my computer room just begging for a C&C piggie cage to be put there in winter :oops: ;)

Hannah

It was hell on earth if you happen to be small and furry. I went to 'this place' last week and was horrified but after chatting to some of the 'people' found out that this week was 'meat week', just in time for Christmas.... anyway I think we were sensible and took what we could without overloading the car!

For 10 bunnies and 8 GP's cost £22.30, a laughable amout, but apparently thats the price for dog food! I could have wasted more on a piece of clothing that never gets worn! Sickening. Thank you Jill for sticking with me on this.

Will add a piccy of my little foster buns in 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Do you mean there are more of them still there :shock: :shock:

We stayed till the end and they were all sold, mainly because we bought most of them! There were other animals too, I could have filled the car with chickens, but thought it best not to look in that direction!

How could I possibly let this sweet little chap be turned into dog food!!!

hotpotbunnies-11-dec-07017.jpg

Not yet named, but pondering Freddie, Pip??

:wave: NOW NAMED COMET (after the reindeer not the shop :lol:):wave:

Last edited:
Another gorgeous boy. Saved!

No name yet, maybe Eddie, Jack, Bumble, Bert.... I'm not good with names lol.

:wave: NOW NAMED RUDY (as in Rudolph):wave:

hotpotbunnies-11-dec-07012.jpg

hotpotbunnies-11-dec-07011.jpg

Last edited:
Back