• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor housing for giants

toffee

Mama Doe
I'm moving house in a month and the letting agents have said I'm ok to have buns as long as they're caged when I'm not there. Melanie is a giant and she is currently free range. Any ideas on how I can keep her enclosed during the day? I can't think how to do it so she'll have enough space.

I don't want to spend lots on housing really. Tbh I was considering buying a 48" dog crate and just letting them be free range in the kitchen and I can put them in the dog crate if the landlord comes round!!

I think I'd go for a pen from pws or similar. Most of the day they sleep anyway but this way they'd have room to move around if they wanted to

I don't want to spend lots on housing really. Tbh I was considering buying a 48" dog crate and just letting them be free range in the kitchen and I can put them in the dog crate if the landlord comes round!!

That is what I would do, just confine then to a room they can't damage while you are out and pop them in the create when the landlord comes :D

Get a 48" crate or soemthing to show to the landlord when he comes round - hay bedding etc!

The landlord won't come round when you are out so won't know if that is where the rabbit is shut in when you are out of not! He will be only come round when you are in, at that time the rabbit will be free range and he will be none the wise ;)

I am deceptive!

Good luck though and well done for finding someone that will allow you to have an indoor rabbit in rented accomodation.

Hannah

Back