• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter Neuturing

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Im getting Cookie neutured next week, normally buns stay in here 2 days then go back outside (unless their name is Mr Butter and they rip themselves open and live in the lap of luxry for ten days!)

as its winter should be inside longer? how long would you recommend? thanks x

I think two days is adequate, else he ma get too ued to being in the warmth.

Provided he is eating/toileting/healing Ok that is.

i thought id have him maybe two nights in my room wih me, but then one night in the conservatory so he can get used to it being colder, then outside the next day? with lots of warm hay and straw and i will insulate the hutch too?x

I left Sunnie inside for two nights, but last week was rather mild compared to this week. I'd see how she is doing after the operation and how low the temperatures will be at night.

I kept Milly and Molly inside for a whole week, but they were fine after about two-three days so it should be fine to put them back out, as long as it's not -20C.

Back