• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfalfa King Hays

vicki267

Mama Doe
Hellooo,

My two love the Alfalfa King Timothy hay and when I was shopping online noticed they do 2 others.

I'm assuming the actual alfalfa one is no good because of it's high calcium content but was wondering if you rabbits have tried the Oat, Wheat and Barley one?

If your buns have tried any of the above which do they prefer?

Also can anyone tell me if the Oat, wheat and Barley one is as stalky as other Oat hays?

Lol, it just got me thinking if the other 2 were as nice as the Timothy, just like to give them some variety :roll:

My two LOVE the Oat, Wheat and Barley hay :) I'm expecting a big bag from the Hay Experts today :)

It's kind of stalky but soft at the same time :)

Mine love both. The Oat, Wheat and Barley is lovely, long stalks, but quite soft. Not floppy, though. I think my bunnies select the oat and the wheat first, the barley gets left over at first, but they eventually eat it, too. They also have barley straw in their litter boxes, so it's not so different for them. The Timothy hay is very nice, I like the smell. It is more popular with my bunnies than the Oxbow one, and it is cheaper, too.

My two love both hays - and they have the Alfalfa hay occasionally too which is very stalky and green. The Oat hay is very stalky and green and looks and smells fantastic.

I cant praise these hays enough - its much better than anything mine have ever tried and lasts ages too :D

OK well i've got tonnes of the Timothy left so will defo do an order for the Oat, Wheat and Barley soon.

They have at present, meadow hay to eat and toilet on, Timothy hay for yummy hay, pure dried grass as a little treat and they still have 2 bags of excel forage and 1/2 bag of excel herbage lol!

Dont think I'll be running out anytime soon although I'm not bothering with the excel hays anymore as I like the Alfalfa King stuff and the meadow hay lasts forever!

Back