• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits not getting on :(

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Piper and Minstrel had a fight the other week over food I think and fell out for the evening, however the next morning they were fine again and snuggled up together.

But then last night Piper (female) started to hump Mintrel (male) and pulling his fur out in the process, do you think she is trying to show him who is boss again after their fight or is it something more? She's spayed by the way and hasn't humped him since being neutered its just last night she was doing it lots. Am worried about him as before her spay she caused him to have little scabs on his back from her nails I think.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Helen x

Not sure why they'd squabble at this time of year, it's usually Spring when stuff like this happens.

It's probably best to keep an eye on them for a while. Hopefull it'll all blow over.

The scabs on his back might have been where she was holding on with her teeth.

Oh dear not you too. leeanderins two have been having a hierachy switch this week too, again the female over the male.

Are they moulting?

Honestly just let them sort it out themselves, mounting is normal as is fur pulling....its not viscious and its not a fight. The more you interfere the longer it will take to stop.

I wasn't there last night but Sean said that she was mounting him loads and pulling loads of his fur out and at one point he did pick her up and move her away from him, should he have just left her to it? I don't want my little monkey getting hurt by his wifey :)

Jen and Frankie are having a bit of a power struggle at the moment too. Usually he's top bun (I know, who would have thought it?? :shock: ) but just recently Jen has been refusing to groom him and has been pushing her own nose down instead, and occasionally humping him too. It never gets beyond that but I did think to myself the other day that it was odd for this time of year.

Back