• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clipping Teeth

norrielian

Mama Doe
:wave: Morning everyone

How much does everyone's vets charge for clipping teeth?

Dillon at nearly 5 years old has had to have his teeth clipped for the first time! The vet seems to think he has caught one of his teeth (its very slightly wobbly) which has caused it to grow out of alignment which has meant he hasn't been able to grind them down naturally as normal.

I was really worried about the cost of maintenance but my vets only charged me £3.50 last night and for every clipping needed in the future.

Lian x

I think clipping is generally frowned upon nowadays, because it can cause the teeth to split and lead to infection.

Vets usually burr teeth with a special tool, but if the problem is very bad, they will remove the incisors.

I would find a more rabbit savvy vet. :(

I think clipping is generally frowned upon nowadays, because it can cause the teeth to split and lead to infection.

Vets usually burr teeth with a special tool, but if the problem is very bad, they will remove the incisors.

Everyone on here says that, but I've had three different vets at different surgeries clip my rabbits teeth, so it's still pretty common.

Lian, usually around £5-8 is the price I paid, but as with all vet treatment I expect it can vary dramatically.

Frowned upon is a bit harsh don't you think! In my vets experience, burring can cause rabbits a lot of distress because of the vibration and noise so she choose to clip Dillon's teeth. At this stage, we do not want to risk putting an older bunny under unless absolutely necessary so we are booked back in a few weeks to monitor.

I'm just giving my opinion. You don't have to go along with it.

I have had teeth clipped in the past (probs more than 5 years ago), but I wouldn't have it done now.

There's was really no need to be rude, and what's with the :roll: smilies?

If you have no intention of changing vets, or looking for other options, then I don't see why you need to know what other vets charge.

I originally *thought* you must have posted with a view to changing vets.

There's was really no need to be rude, and what's with the :roll: smilies?

If you have no intention of changing vets, or looking for other options, then I don't see why you need to know what other vets charge.

I originally *thought* you must have posted with a view to changing vets.

Sorry, I hadn't realised I was being rude. I just feel you sometimes can't win when you come on here! I took my rabbit to the vets, had the treatment recommended by them and then am told the treatment I had is frowned upon! Just seemed harsh that's all.

I have no intention of changing vets and am 100% happy with the treatment they give all my pets. I was just wondering what other vets charge as I was suprisingly pleased at the cost mine charged. That was it, I wasn't asking whether people approved of the treatment or not.

Back