• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new addition

Luciuslop

Alpha Buck
New addition to the family :love: :love: She was described to me as a 'special needs' bun. She was handed in as a supposed stray and was very, very scared in her previous home, which is why it was thought that she needed an experienced home with someone familiar with behavioural issues. However, as you can see from the photographic evidence she is not really that scared at all :lol: :lol: :lol: She is settling very quickly and is a little sweetie.

I feel rather guilty for having her though as she is so easy to handle and loves a cuddle - she is not really a special needs bun at all. One of the reasons for getting another bun was to take on someone who would find it difficult to find a home because of his/her needs.

e1-1.jpg

e2-1.jpg

Aaaaaaw she is beautiful and maybe she was/is a special needs bun and you just have that magic touch with them that makes them feel safe and settled:D

Aaaaaaw she is beautiful and maybe she was/is a special needs bun and you just have that magic touch with them that makes them feel safe and settled:D

Funnily enough one of my friends said that last night :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a couple of rats here at moment who were labelled ' biters ' and ' nervous ' and are nothing of the sort :lol: :lol: .

She is a huge cuddlebun and has settled in as if she has always been here. She is supposed to be very territorrial over her hutch, but I haven't seen any of this behaviour yet - lull before the storm maybe. :lol:
Taz

Hi Taz,

I am sorry if you feel I misled you! She really was territorial here and very unhappy, which is why I thought she needed a special home with a bunny knowledgeable owner. As I explained to you the stress of being neutered sent her into gut satis for quite a while and I had to spend a lot of time syringe feeding and massaging her little tummy etc. She desperately needed more space and attention, which, sadly I am unable to give them here.

Looking after 50 rescue rabbits, as well as 30 odd guinea pigs only leaves me so much time to be able to assess the rabbits natures, and as I said to you, maybe she was a house rabbit previously which is why she is so very happy with you.

Quite often when I home a bunny people come back to me telling me the things the bunnies now do in their forever home. Things they did not do here, probably because they were unable to, or did not have enough mental stimulation.

I guess to me all of my bunnies have certain special requirements, because they are all so individual. All I desperately want for them all is for them to be happy, just like Ella is now!

So, I feel my mission for Ella is accomplished. She has a lovely home, she is not going to mucked about again, and, she is so very happy and content. Personally, I think you are just what Ella needed! And, to me, the home you offer is very special, and they do not come along very often.

Alice x

Last edited:
Alice .... please don't feel as if you mislead me - you didn't. You told me how she was with you and I do believe you. Why would you lie about it anyway ? I understand completely what you are saying and doing what you do takes a lot of effort and dedication. All I can say is that since she arrived here she has changed into a different person. I guess that in a way I'm just a bit disappointed as I thought she was going to be a challenge and I was looking forward to working with her to bring her on. I hope I don't sound ungrateful. Its just that I know there are problem buns who sit in rescues for years and are constantly overlooked because of their 'special ' requirements. I have had some of these buns in the past and it has taken many months of patience and hard work to get through to them, but the rewards are many when I do.

I am pleased that you feel that I am just what Ella needs :D I wish I could do more though.
Taz

Hi Taz,

Thank you for explaining, I am glad you didn't think I had misled you!

I do see what you mean, there certainly are bunnies sat in rescues waiting for years. I have been very lucky with the homes from RR, usually I have problems finding homes for pairs of rabbits. This is one of the reasons I tend to keep them single, if they come in single. Invariably a home will come up for a more difficult to home single bun as usually people seeking a companion rabbit are more bunny savvy and understand rabbits are not always the easiest of pets!

I certainly have had rabbits in that take months for me to be able to manage them. I have a feeling Erica is one of those, poor little mite! Just to get her well enough to be neutered will be a blessing!

Alice

Back