• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do rabbits thump?

Ohh, well I went out there to check what was going on and he stopped but he's been abit skittish since.

I don't know what he saw or thought was danger.

ive noticed next door make Alvin thump.... he hears them and his little ears move forward and back then he thumps..... took a good 10 mins last night before he relaxed after warning him mummy to danger :love:

Yeh, I defo think it's a warning sign.

Jamie used to do it on a night when he'd been covered over before we got Saffy - he's not done it since though. The only noises we can hear coming from there is Saffy trying to rearrange the litter trays :lol: x

domino and pebbles do that every morning, it makes me feel so awful :(:(:(

Aww they're just being your personal alarm clock!

ive noticed next door make Alvin thump.... he hears them and his little ears move forward and back then he thumps..... took a good 10 mins last night before he relaxed after warning him mummy to danger :love:

Aww that's love for you!
I think the danger was the ice cream van noise, gosh knows why the ice cream vans still going in winter! :?

Yeh, I defo think it's a warning sign.

Jamie used to do it on a night when he'd been covered over before we got Saffy - he's not done it since though. The only noises we can hear coming from there is Saffy trying to rearrange the litter trays :lol: x

HaHa, you obviously put them in the wrong place, as I do with Tomee's food bowl! He prefers it in the doorway between his bed and the main part! :lol:

Well Jamie never liked to sleep in the bedroom compartment... much preferring to sleep in view of everything, so I put 2 big litter trays in the bedroom area and just use that with megazorb for the toilets.

I was warned before I got Sapphire that she likes to rearrange things, hehe. The little ****** she is xx

Well Jamie never liked to sleep in the bedroom compartment... much preferring to sleep in view of everything, so I put 2 big litter trays in the bedroom area and just use that with megazorb for the toilets.

I was warned before I got Sapphire that she likes to rearrange things, hehe. The little ****** she is xx

HaHa, bless her!
I'm glad mine doesn't like to rearrange that much, I'm a neat freak, it would annoy me! :lol:

My rabbits thump at me when they're annoyed with me for being slow with their food :rolleyes: They also thump when a cat comes around - so it's a warning and a telling-off signal.

Rhia was at it non stop between 11.30 & 4am last night! Was stood outside in the p!ssing rain at four in the morning trying to explain to her that I couldnt stop the wind and to be quiet, sharpish before the neighbours woke up :roll: Argh!!

Aww aren't rabbits lovely, if they're not hurrying you up with their food, they're asking you to stop the wind & rain!

HaHa! They're delights!

:lol:

Mine only thump in their carrier at the vets. Its actually quite embarrassing :oops:

Thank goodness they don't thump any other time as our bedroom is above the garage where they live!

Recently Arnie has been thumping from about 4am onwards... I sleep through it lol it's the O/H that has to go into Arnie's room at the other end of the hallway to tell him to shut up :roll:

I keep telling the O/H that Arnie only does it now coz he knows he gets attention :lol:

I am hoping that when Kira moves in with him he will stop it. God forbid if they start having stomping competitions :?

Bertie thumps at the noise from the flat downstairs :lol: It's really funny, cos I wouldn't dream of banging on the floor, (although it can be quite a din), but Berts just get s stuck in there until the volume goes down :lol:
I figure that he lives here too, and he has every right to complain!

Jen thumps when I put her back in her hutch for bed after she's been out in the run. It's not so much a warning then as a telling off :lol:

I got thumped at last night, Cornflake (aka Mrs Rabbit) she got in our bedroom which she knows she's not allowed and when trying to get her out, she got annoyed with me.

When Mr Rabbit did for the first time, again annoyed with us it made us both jump out of our skin, he was so loud

Aww all your rabbit thumping stories are so cute!

They've got right tempers on them, bunnies! :lol:

Back