• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dear little Bea needs a home of her own- New pics added!

Nicola3

Mama Doe
I had a phone call last week from a friends partner who is a carpenter. He had been doing some work at a neighbours house and had discovered a poor little bun neglected in their shed without food or water.

I arranged to go out and see the poor bun yesterday, she was living in awful conditions. She had basically been chucked in the shed amongst all the rubbish in an indoor rabbit cage. Her cage wasn't even upright and was tipped up so she couldn't even stand up properly. There was no food or water. There was no bedding in the cage and it absolutely stank. There was just this huge mound of rabbit poo which had been in there so long it had all gone mouldy. It was disgusting.

I got the dear bun home and put her in a nice clean hutch with lots of soft hay. She couldn't believe her luck and started munching straight away. She is surprisingly friendly considering how badly neglected she has been and comes up to greet you. She is a lovely honey colour with black markings so I have called her Bea, short for Beatrice and because she looks like a little honey bee.

Can anybody offer this dear little girl a loving home? She is very friendly and just wants to be loved. I haven't sexed her properly yet as it was pitch black when I got her home but I am 99% sure she's a girl as she has a small dewlap around her neck.

I took a pic this morning before work but it isn't v good as I was in a rush and she wouldn't stay still.....she is sooo inquisitive. Will take more pics tonight.

Little Bea:

DSCF1078.jpg

This piccie doesn't really do her justice as she is such a beautiful girl but I will take some more photos this afternoon. Please can anybody offer Bea a loving home? I am full to bursting at the moment but couldn't leave the poor girl where she was so am hoping I can find Bea a home asap.

More pics to follow..................

Nicola xxx

Last edited:
Little Bea needs some love

I had a phone call last week from a friends partner who is a carpenter. He had been doing some work at a neighbours house and had discovered a poor little bun neglected in their shed without food or water.

I arranged to go out and see the poor bun yesterday, she was living in awful conditions. She had basically been chucked in the shed amongst all the rubbish in an indoor rabbit cage. Her cage wasn't even upright and was tipped up so she couldn't even stand up properly. There was no food or water. There was no bedding in the cage and it absolutely stank. There was just this huge mound of rabbit poo which had been in there so long it had all gone mouldy. It was disgusting.

I got the dear bun home and put her in a nice clean hutch with lots of soft hay. She couldn't believe her luck and started munching straight away. She is surprisingly friendly considering how badly neglected she has been and comes up to greet you. She is a lovely honey colour with black markings so I have called her Bea, short for Beatrice and because she looks like a little honey bee.

She is so friendly and comes straight over when you approach. I need to find Bea a home asap as I am full to bursting at the moment but couldn't possibly have left her where she is. If anybody can offer dear little Bea home please let me know.

I managed to take a pic this morning but it isn't very good as I was in a rush and she wouldn't stay still. Piccie doesn't do her justice as she is a beautiful girl. Will take some more photos this afternoon.

Bea :love: :
DSCF1078.jpg

Nicola xxx

Hi Kenno :wave:
She is a dear little girl. I will post some more pics tomorrow morning so you can get a better feel for what she looks like.

Forgot to say I'm based in Plymouth, Devon.

Nicola xxx

She is such a freindly little bunster :love:

Will take some more photos this afternoon and post tomorrow morning.

I'm sure a bunny run could be organised for anyone interested further afield.

Nicola xxx

Would people be right in assuming she in un-neutered and un-vaccinated?

She is a stunning little bunny :D

Aww bless her, why are people so cruel :cry: , poor little girl. Maybe she's so lovely because she's grateful to be saved.

Would people be right in assuming she in un-neutered and un-vaccinated?

She is a stunning little bunny

That's right. I literally picked her up last night. I can't believe the conditions she was being kept in. The poor girl couldn't even stand upright as her cage was just chucked in amongst all the rubbish in the shed. There was no food or water and the cage was just full of mouldy droppings which must have been in there for ages...no bedding at all.

I'll take some more piccies and post them tomorrow.

I'm sure a bunnyrun can be arranged for anybody interested.
If you are considering a new bunny please think of little Bea as she really deserves a happy ending.

Thank you,

Nicola xxx

awww she's so pretty

I'm afraid I can't help with her but I wanted to post to say how impressed I am with you rescuing her, it's a good thing there are people like you in the world to balance out the people like her previous owners.

Hi Kenno :wave:
She is a dear little girl. I will post some more pics tomorrow morning so you can get a better feel for what she looks like.

Forgot to say I'm based in Plymouth, Devon.

Nicola xxx

:wave:
It's probably best I get a proper look at her first before I make any kind of decision.
Plus I would need her to be spayed if she's not already.
The poor thing definately deserves a good old home and a husbun! :D

:wave: She is cute - and so lucky you rescued her. Am sure there will be someone who can offer her a lovely new home with a boyfriend. Lots of people on here have been talking about getting bunny friends for their bunnies as well recently.

New pics as promised.

Bea:

She kept investigating and moving around so it was difficult getting a good piccie. She is very sweet natured and kept moving towards me for fuss :love:

DSCF1091.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

DSCF1080.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1092.jpg

Poor little Beas paws are stained yellow at the moment from being stuck in a cage with urine and droppings and no bedding.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

OMG, she is sooo gorgeous :love: :love: :love: How could anyone treat her like that :evil: Were the previous owners spoken to about her ?
Taz

My friends o/h alerted me to the situation as he had been doing carpentry work at the property. I had no idea she was going to be living in such awful conditions. The woman who owned her was in her dressing gown and told me the rabbit had been bought about a year ago from a local garden centre but the rabbit had been renegated to the shed as they were having new flooring and there was no way the rabbit was coming into the house after having the new wooden flooring fitted. Her excuse for not cleaning the rabbit out was that her o/h was away and he was the one who cleaned the rabbit out. Looking at the state of the cage she must not have been cleaned out for absolutely ages as their was a mountain of droppings in the cage and it had gone mouldy it had been in there so long. Then there was the issue of the poor thing not having any food or water. My friends o/h who had been working at the property had been keeping a check on the poor thing, every time he had checked on the rabbit she had no food or water so he had been filling her bottle and putting some food in the cage.The woman knew I would be coming to pick the rabbit up and hadn't even bothered cleaning the cage out. If it were me I would have been so embarrassed but she didn't bat an eyelid.

I was just glad to get the poor rabbit out. Bea is now safe and snuggled in with lots of scrummy hay which she adores. Her eyes were popping out of her head when she saw all her new fresh hay. I doubt she's ever had access to hay before. She has been nibbling away at her hay non stop since she got here.

She really deserves a new loving home to call her own.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Back