• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In a trance

racheld69

Mama Doe
Why do bunnies go into a trance? They seem to do it sometimes when they are lying down but every night when I hold Barney to put cream on his hocks after about 2 minutes he goes into a trance for about 5 minutes then he twitches and sighs and is 'back in the room' as paul mckenna would put it. Why?

Last edited:
Are you holding him upside down to put his cream on? If so you may be putting him into a trance. Google trancing rabbits and you should be able to find out more. I think the theory is it activates a defense mechanism, playing dead.

Are you holding him upside down to put his cream on? If so you may be putting him into a trance. Google trancing rabbits and you should be able to find out more. I think the theory is it activates a defense mechanism, playing dead.

yes, he is upside down on my lap like a baby! I feed him pellets while his cream is soaking in and he munches a few then suddenley stops and just holds one sticking out his mouth like a cigar for 5 mins then snaps out of it and carrys on scoffing! I will google it now.

ive read its them playing dead and planning thier escape from the big mean predator about to eat them

or rubbing cream into their feet.... :oops:

:lol: :lol: Yes, have read a bit on internet about it - is interesting. What makes me laugh is that he is such a pig that even when he is in a trance he still manages to take a pellet out of my hand ready for when he comes round again!:shock: :D :lol:

Why do bunnies go into a trance? They seem to do it sometimes when they are lying down but every night when I hold Barney to put cream on his hocks after about 2 minutes he goes into a trance for about 5 minutes then he twitches and sighs and is 'back in the room' as paul mckenna would put it. Why?

A bun will always trance when on there back,rick

Back