• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Dance of the Seven Litter trays

Squishybunny

Warren Scout
Ok I know I shouldn't complain as my buns are litter trained, but I'm getting really tired of doing the dance of the seven litter trays everyday at cleaning time.

Just to explain the situation, my pair are now based in the garage with their hutch and run open at all times. The garage is now a huge bunny play pen, with half the floor being covered in carpet off-cuts. They are really great with their toilet and will only use the litter boxes.

Unfortunately when cleaning time comes around and the boxes need to be picked up to be emptyed they suddenly want to do things in them. Its like a huge guessing game which one they may want to use, and if you pick the wrong one they pee or poop on the floor. They can go from quietly snoozing to peeing pooping monsters at the rattle of a dustpan and trowel.

Are anyone else's buns as awkward and comical as this.

lol today when i emptied out jelly and peanut butters litterbox, peanut jus watched intently, then Jelly ran over and watched me empty it and re fill it with fresh....she WATCHED me close the hutch door. and then jumped in it, kicked everything out and then turned it over. I just glared at her, and if that wasnt enough...she then jumped on it and sat on it...proudly.

i was NOT amused

lol today when i emptied out jelly and peanut butters litterbox, peanut jus watched intently, then Jelly ran over and watched me empty it and re fill it with fresh....she WATCHED me close the hutch door. and then jumped in it, kicked everything out and then turned it over. I just glared at her, and if that wasnt enough...she then jumped on it and sat on it...proudly.

i was NOT amused

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i think im gonna steal jelly not peanut after all :)

Mine are exactly the same! As soon as you pick the tray up, they go IMMEDIATELY to where it WAS.....and smugly get on with their business!!!:roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i think im gonna steal jelly not peanut after all :)

take her by all means lol! we cuit their claws 2day, mum held them while i trimmed them, they all sat there perfectly except jelly, she wriggled like a right mare. and then she hid behind a bin for like half an hour"

take her by all means lol! we cuit their claws 2day, mum held them while i trimmed them, they all sat there perfectly except jelly, she wriggled like a right mare. and then she hid behind a bin for like half an hour"

she sounds like loads of fun..... ive not experienced a nice docile bunny so i think me and jelly would get on just fine i like them with attitude....and she could be the one to sort Alvin out for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

molly hates me cleaning out the litter tra, he'll always go over and sit in it and get in a right grump if I have to move it. Faline used to dig the litter out too, but she's just stopped the last couple of months. :D

she sounds like loads of fun..... ive not experienced a nice docile bunny so i think me and jelly would get on just fine i like them with attitude....and she could be the one to sort Alvin out for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol tbh sometime si feel guilty having little placid peanut in with the beast of the night lol!

today she chased him bcus he wudnt give her the last bit of carrot. he just went and crawled into the tunnel lol!
poor little peanie!

Mine are exactly the same! As soon as you pick the tray up, they go IMMEDIATELY to where it WAS.....and smugly get on with their business!!!:roll: :lol:

:lol: I have the same problem with my two. The only solution I have come up with is to prepare spare litter trays and do a straight swop almost immediately, so they don;t have time to think about it:lol: :lol:

Andrea
x

lol tbh sometime si feel guilty having little placid peanut in with the beast of the night lol!

today she chased him bcus he wudnt give her the last bit of carrot. he just went and crawled into the tunnel lol!
poor little peanie!

awwwwwwwwwwwww :love: its a good thing hes placid really, Alvin gave jubilee an infected ear i found out yesterday :oops: :oops: :oops:

our stella is mean like that with bud, and im mean like that with ste.... must be a gal thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

omg really?how? :?

she reakons he must have dragged his teeth down her ear somehow and it got infected. the little monster he is....

i asked her when her satin would be ready and then added when are you ready to face him and she sighed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i really hope he dont damage the satin cus i really really want her.....and ive told him so today, but he just sniggered at me :evil:

This thread sounds like what I do everyday!!! My two have two litter trays. They are massive trays too lol! Not tiny little ones, enough room for plenty of poos and wees but oh no!! The floor still needs to be dust panned every morning in their bedroom, Amber will watch me clean every single pooh up,put them in the tray, then I clean the tray. Replace clean tray on the floor then pooh on the carpet about a cm away from the tray? :? :roll: I can see her beady eye watching me get mad too!!! :lol: :lol: x x

Back