• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bessie & Samson, young New Zealand Whites (BIG bunnies) REHOMED

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Bessie & Samson came to us as a pair of 'sisters' because their old owners found them 'too expensive' to keep....by that they meant to feed and bed-they had never seen a vet.

They arrived in a 4X1X1ft hutch, these guys are 6 months old and already weigh 3kgs each! They could not stretch out, lie down or stand on their hind legs.

When emptying the hutch which was described to me as 'perfectly adequate for what they need' and shovelling out layers of sawdust I found carrots buried that had just been thrown in for them daily. They had no hay.

Samson

15-09-07_0524.jpg

15-09-07_0525.jpg

They were on their third home at just 6 months old. They were also not 'sisters' but brother and sister. Afraid Bessie may have reached maturity (Samson certainly had) we rushed them in for emergency neutering. Thankfully Bessie was not pregnant.

I am desperate to find these bunsters a new home as soon as possible as they are growing fast and Im not entirely sure where to put them if they reach full size here :? .

They are neutered and wormed and in excellent health. Samson is wonderful, easy to handle and friendly....Bessie can be a bit of a grump form time to time but responds well to food based bribery ;)

Bessie
15-09-07_0523.jpg

15-09-07_0522.jpg

They will need to be house bunnies or have a shed and large run to themselves.

If anyone can offer these poor rabbits a safe, caring and permenant home please PM me, call 07852 192703 or email happy_hoppers@yahoo.co.uk

Last edited:
I cnat believe these two are only worthy of one comment between them :( How can you look at those big ears and not go 'awwwww'.

Stunning bunnies, but sadly I can only take one more (and I think that's been sorted now :D :D ). Good luck you two, you're gorgeous xx

They are absolutely gorgeous :love: .

If they weren't so far away I'd be popping in for bunny cuddles.

Give them both some fuss from me.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

how big are they expected to grow to adre i ask :roll: ???

our sam weighe din yesterday at 4.7k, but i think she has finallys toppe dgrowing (she's 19 months old now), the vet assures us its her build lol.

I would love them, they are georgous.

BUT I have 10 already,free range in a large shed & avairy and I am Just too far away (luckily)

how big are they expected to grow to adre i ask :roll: ???

our sam weighe din yesterday at 4.7k, but i think she has finallys toppe dgrowing (she's 19 months old now), the vet assures us its her build lol.

They will be between 5 and 6kgs, Bessie is a bit larger than Samson.

New home for Christmas hopefully if we can organise a Bunnyrun:D
Bessie & Samson are going to be new members of our family.
Hope they don't mind a mad house:lol: :lol:

Kay you are terrible, lol. Although they're going to a good home... I can't WAIT to meet them both =]

we could collect and meet you in ashton-under-lyne again during christmas eve daytime if you want?

will be heading to my mums for the festivities....

Just posted on the Christmas Bunny run thread in bunny chat. It's pretty likely that my husband and I will be travelling through Bolton this Saturday, so we might be able to take them straight to KayJ's.

Back