• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Holly to my pair

Hi everyone:wave:

I want to bond little holly with choci and lily. all 3 have been getting on nicely when ever they see each other, I am thinking I'll do it soon, as I don't see the point in waiting. I'll take them all to the vets when she goes to be spayed.

I found somewhere nutral for the bond, although, the don't seem to mind her being on their run top:D

I was thinking that Baby would also bond with them, but thy seem to hate her and lily goes into attack mode if she goes anywhere near. Have to hide her when I go past their hutch:( so Baby will remain single til bun number 5 can come to stop;)

Anytips or advice welcome, I've been through a bond with choci and lily, but this is my first 3 some:lol:

vikki:wave:

Will be interested in reading the advice on this as we are also about to bond a third into our pair (although don't have third bun quite yet).

Ive been reading about bonding,because i wanna make sure my baby Holli bonds properly with my bunster Phoebe. I think inforcing and rewarding positive behaviour is important such as having some new treats available when the buns dont scrap. (I think they may scrap a bit tho due to working out whos "top bun")
i also read that when they start to get too nasty some people have a water gun and squirt the bun :? dont know wether this is rite or not though

Just got some info off net aswell vicki...

In the beginning, you should let your bunnies get used to each other by keeping them separate but where they can still be near each other, such as in cages that side by side (an inch or so of space between them goes a long way towards preventing injury from scuffles when you're not around). Eventually you will notice that the bunnies choose to lay near each other, and perhaps even try to groom each other through the cages.
Once it appears that the bunnies are tolerating each others' presence, it's time to bring them together in neutral territory (where neither one has staked a claim).

Maybe you could try this by having your 2 bonded bunnies near baby so they get used to each other :)

Thank you for the information:D

think I'll do what I did with choci and lily, they went into my small run. One out in the run and one in a carrier (i'll use my crate this time). I think they will accept holly. But baby I'm not going to risk, as lily last time she saw her tried to attack her and it set off a small fight between choci and lily:(

I had a bit of an issue putting my 2 adults (well babys still to me hehe:lol: ) after Piper having babys, Piper just wanted to hump Phoebe silly, i had to keep rescuing poor phoebe :lol:

Back