• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loss of litter training?

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
I know there have been threads on this before, but I can't find them :oops:

Bobbin has taken to weeing and pooing on a particular patch on his vet bed. He still uses his litter tray, but seems to enjoy this patch rather a lot too. Recently I have been washing vet bed every other day and having to change it :? After 2 days he has completely soaked it with orange wee :shock:

Do you think this is down to any changes I have made, or is it down to hormones? He doesn't spray, but could this be an alternative to spraying?

Thanks!

It might just be a habit - they do get in habits. You could snap him out of it by removing the vetbed and moving things about a bit - maybe give him a box to sit in instead as he probably just thinks the vetbed texture means 'go to the loo' now.

I agree vet bed seems to be an invitation :lol:

Have you changed anything in their room at all? Christmas decs up etc?

has he been neutered? How old is he? Charlie was good as gold until the hormones kicked in then he overtook our settee!!! Luckily we had an old throw on it but it lasted for while until he was neutered and the hormones calmed down.

I agree vet bed seems to be an invitation :lol:

Have you changed anything in their room at all? Christmas decs up etc?

has he been neutered? How old is he? Charlie was good as gold until the hormones kicked in then he overtook our settee!!! Luckily we had an old throw on it but it lasted for while until he was neutered and the hormones calmed down.

He's due to be neutered in the new year. He's 6 months. I have recently moved things around in his room, added a small sofa, and moved hi cage slightly in one direction, but that's it really.

Elve - I tried putting his food bowl on the area that he seems to be going with the thinking that he wouldn't want smelly wee where his food is.... but oh no.. he just pushed the bowl out the way :roll: Same with a grass mat that I covered the vet bed with, that got thrown around too! :lol: I shall give him a box or something or a second small litter tray, good thinking!

My hamster used to change toilet corner all the time:roll: If I put in a litter box on her toilet area, she'd move, and if I put the litter box at her new toilet area she'd move back...
Also my bunnies (Aroma and Zakura particularly) like to wee on soft things, Zakura wees in my bed and Aroma wees on any stuffed animal/pillow she comes across, but she's not even litter trained:roll:

Back