• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 sad, depressed rabbits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
As of this morning, I have 4, lonely, sad depressed rabbits :( and I have no idea what i'm supposed to do! I don't have many options, mainly bonding them inot pairs and taking it from there!
Owning rabbits is though :( especially when they break your heart :cry:

I found Basil dead this morning :( I had to seperate Blue and Magic as Blue was very ill and Magic was making it worse by not letting him have food etc.

So sorry about basil :( Maybe you should speak to the vets as didn't daisy die suddenly as well ?

Oh dear, it does sound as if you may have something infectious going around :cry:

I would definitely speak to your vet as soon as you can, and also give all their accommodation a really good clean. What disinfectant do you have? If you can keep the buns out the way for long enough to let it dry, a good swish with boiling water would probably be a good thing too as the heat may kill some infectious things that a chemical disinfectant may not, and make sure you clean them out totally every day in case there is something in their poo/wee which is getting blown about by the wind.

I do hope your remaining bunnies are ok xxx

Thanks.
What sort of disinfectants can I use? Should I also do the guinea pig hutches?

Oh dear, it does sound as if you may have something infectious going around :cry:

I would definitely speak to your vet as soon as you can, and also give all their accommodation a really good clean. What disinfectant do you have? If you can keep the buns out the way for long enough to let it dry, a good swish with boiling water would probably be a good thing, and make sure you clean them out totally every day in case there is something in their poo/wee which is getting blown about by the wind.

I do hope your remaining bunnies are ok xxx

oh beth im so sorry!
did you have holly and basil,
and asbeau and daisy? bcus once you have confirmed nothing infectios is going around

why not bond holly, magic and asbeau as a two doe one buck trio? and give blue lots fo extra fuss as a singleton?xxx

once they have all been ok'd by the vets i'll see about spaying/bonding.
I'll ask my mum about calling the vets as soon as she gets back from Coventry :( i hope they'll all be okay! I ahve nevers een Holly so quiet and I ahve never seen her not eat her pellets :cry:

once they have all been ok'd by the vets i'll see about spaying/bonding.
I'll ask my mum about calling the vets as soon as she gets back from Coventry :( i hope they'll all be okay! I ahve nevers een Holly so quiet and I ahve never seen her not eat her pellets :cry:

shes pining sweetie, shes sad :(

why not go and give her some extra company? take some tasty greens in with you and sit and read a magazine or a book, and give her some tlc xxx

Karen- Neither of them showed signs of illness at all, that is why I am extremly worried.

MissySJ- Holly is acting like Asbeau did, she doesn't want to be anywhere nera me, when I open her she door she runs off and hides in her run, she usually comes bounding over to see me :(

Although its quite possible Holly is pining if there is something nasty going round it could also be a sign she is ill too. Please keep a very close eye on them all Beth and get the accomodation cleaned out with boiling water and jeyes fluid.

I am assuming all their VHD jabs are up to date?

RIP Basil X

Karen- Neither of them showed signs of illness at all, that is why I am extremly worried.

MissySJ- Holly is acting like Asbeau did, she doesn't want to be anywhere nera me, when I open her she door she runs off and hides in her run, she usually comes bounding over to see me :(

She'll need some time to herself hun, just make sure you're there for her when she's ready xxx

Beth im really sorry, :cry:
Get them checked asap. Clean their hutches out asap too. Where do you live ? x x

I live on the outskirts of Derby, I'll see about the vets when my mum comes back.
Do I miss the jeyes fluid and water together to dilute it? Or do I use the jeyes fluid then rinse it with water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back