• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should we adopt a boybun or a girlbun?

podlet

Warren Scout
Hi all, :wave:

Cord and I are considering giving a home to another bun following Poppy's passing over Rainbow Bridge. We see opening our homes to another bun seeking a forever home the best tribute we could pay to her...

We have two sweet boys, Mr Binks (age 10) and Zoot (age 1). The two boys seem to be a whole lot more interactive following Poppy's passing. We can only put it down to them being more sympathetic around Poppy. I think they just knew that her thumpers weren't working as well as they once used to, and that she couldn't run and play with them. :?

We're just completely confused at what sex bunny to get. :shock:

Is it just a social norm that we think its better to pair a girl with a boy?
Is it even possible/ advisable to try introduce a third bunny to a pair of boys that lost their girliebun?
Should this third bun be male or female?
Does it even make a difference?
Are boys more interactive and cuddly than girls as a rule?

Sorry for the umpteen questions, we are just trying to do our homework before bringing home another bun...

Thanks for any tips, advice and experiences you can share! :D

Lee, x

Last edited:
Personally id go for a female :D I dont know wether any1 else would say that but if they'd lost a girl, id put a girl back into the trio :) xx

Hi Lee

how lovely that you want to offer another bun a loving home..a great tribute to Poppy:D

As to which sex..it really depends on the bun..I would opt for adding a doe as it would usually be considered easier..but again a laid back neutered buck could work just as well..not a lot of use i know!:oops:

As for friendliness..most people think neutered bucks are more human friendly..but again it depends on the bun:?
I would advise you to go with the advice of the place you look for a bunny..if it is a reputable place they should be able to give you an honest appraisal of the bunnies character.
A youngster who has been neutere early would be easy to add from the new bunnies point of view as hormonal behaviour wouldn't have kicked in..

hope this helps..a bit!! xx

thanks for the advice - not easy, its like asking how long is a piece of string...

have just been going through our old piccies and feeling rather heartsore again... Poppy was such a gem!

we're keeping an eager eye on the Rabbits in Need section.... Tweazel has a grip on my heart... but he's a boy... aiieeee! decisions... :roll:

you have any buns at the moment jill looking for forever homes?

Have we any buns looking for homes at the moment?? now let me think.....
one or two!!:lol:
I have a lovely girl called Kizzy although she does like to graze outside.
she has lost weight since this pic
Kizzy.jpg

also a little young girl called Sienna who will be speyed this week

Siennaa.jpg

a english x called ..wait for it..Spotty!

Spotty.jpg

a very nervous girl called Eve..who will also be speyed this week..she is VERY timid is a lilac/grey lop.

and Dolly
A sooty fawn lop who has lived as a housebun but does chew if given the chance!

at present the other does are either dental bunnies or need to be outside buns..
but we are getting a couple more in this week

oh my... sienna looks a darling :love:

i guess my confusion is because in the wild, loads of little boy bunnies live together... so just wondering if a third boy would be an option?

gosh - so many bunnies wanting forever homes.... the choice is soooo hard though.... :roll:

just adding pic of Dolly
Dollya.jpg

she is a nice girl but not been handled much..needs some love..but i like her as she has character!:D

Last edited:
Back